Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 152

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. tvck

Trusted

[​IMG]

Dodger and Davjs like this.
  2. tvck

Trusted

Especially if The Old Republic is their focus, I'm pretty worried.

3. They just completed, probably close to, the most successful run of TV in history. I've gotta feeling they'll do just fine with some Star Wars.

4. Easier to create a story from scratch than to finish someone else's.

coleslawed, Zach, Dodger and 2 others like this.
  5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

can't imagine concern-trolling to the point where you wouldn't be excited about their trilogy bc they didn't perfectly land the largest final season of tv arguably ever lol

coleslawed, Cameron and Matt like this.
  6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

fwiw i thought they did fine on GoT so i’m not concerned in the least about future projects concerning a completely different IP and story

7. bodkins

Trusted

I feel like the GoT backlash isn’t all that different from some of the backlash Star Wars has gotten. Negative gripes come without much thought (reactionary) and then get amplified as though it’s the majority. Not to say you can’t have legit qualms with either, not interested in debating those atm just making a comparison. I’ve enjoyed this season of GoT. I’m still excited as ever about Star Wars and with them being involved as well.

Dinosaurs Dish and Dodger like this.
  8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I thought the final season was mostly enjoyable just felt a little rushed. I'll be interested to learn more about what their full roll is. Are they just producers? Writing/Producing? Directing? Still a lot we don't know. It's Star Wars so I'll be excited no matter what haha.

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The Game of Thrones hate is so similar to TLJ hate that I’ve been living in a state of perpetual deja vu for the last month

Joe4th, Cameron and theagentcoma like this.
  10. aoftbsten likes this.
  11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

THEY BETTER NOT LEAVE A STARBUCKS CUP IN A SHOT IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY WHERE STARBUCKS DOESNT EXIST!!!

Cameron and Dodger like this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Brand wars itll be a tim hortons cup

ship90, coleslawed and Anthony_ like this.
  13. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

We already know what theyre leaving out
    [​IMG]

ship90, coleslawed and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Would be an upgrade tbh

Sean Murphy likes this.
  15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Absolutely

16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I’m cool with this. I’m hoping they bring in a diverse group of directors.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. Dodge725

Trusted

Like I said, I don’t watch GOT and am excited for all things Star Wars. Just curious to hear if it affected anyone’s opinion, which it seems like it didn’t for the most part.

18. tvck

Trusted

Pretty worried was probably the wrong choice of words from me, but that’s okay.

19. tvck

Trusted

I’ll take whatever Star Wars I can get

20. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

If you look at the list of writers and directors for Game of Thrones, it's not particularly diverse.

They're fine. They'll be fine. They're very safe.

coleslawed and CarpetElf like this.
  21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’m not particularly excited because their best work has been adapting a story that was already written while their original material has been mediocre.

This has been my thoughts since before the latest season of GoT.

22. phaynes12

their original material is far better than any adaptation they’ve worked on, that’s crazy

coleslawed likes this.
  23. justin. May 20, 2019
    (Last edited: May 21, 2019)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

David’s “best” films are ‘The Kite Runner’ which is based off of a book and ‘Brothers’ which is a remake. Surprise!

His original works are the Troy film with Brad Pitt, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Stay, and 25th Hour (the only original film by him that isn’t rotten). We’ll see how his new original film (the one with Will Smith hunting himself) does this year.

24. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

25th Hour and Brothers are great.

coleslawed and phaynes12 like this.
  25. phaynes12

he also wrote two of the best novels of our lifetime, in case you’re aware of mediums that aren’t contained to movies.