Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 150

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s the ninth and final film in the whole saga. Any of these characters being in another SW movie after this would be more shocking, to be honest.

coleslawed and justin. like this.
  2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

How is there a motive in the title when the title only states that Boyega said TROS is likely his last film? Are there words in the title that I’m not seeing?

If the title stayed that it IS his last Star Wars film then it would be click bait, but it doesn’t. It states that it’s likely his final SW film which is what Boyega said in the interview.

3. currytheword

Trusted

Haha I will always be on the opposing side of opinions with this group I think. Pages back with this and the TLJ thread were articles I didn't see ill-will intended got torn apart for having negative connotations towards Ep. 8. This article is among many i've seen rec'd on google that have stoked the flames of debate between the two movie's fans. I will see myself out and unsub.

You don't need to see other words, my response to it is not notable to you cause you don't respect my opinions on here. Don't think i'd enjoy watching the upcoming movie being dragged for a year online anyways so I hope everyone here enjoys when the time comes.

4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

An article with negative opinions of a movie is different than an article stating whether or not a character is going to be in future movies.

5. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I guessed the context. And it seems I was correct. It’s the end of the Skywalker saga. I knew that. It makes total sense. It’s not wild to put two simple points together.

6. currytheword

Trusted

You're right i'm just real dumb.

7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

No one is “disrespecting” your opinions. Stating that I do not agree that the article title is click bait isn’t condescending on my end and isn’t an attempt to start a debate on TLJ. I’m only stating why I don’t believe the title is click bait.

8. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I don’t know how any actor attached to a franchise can say a movie is likely their last film when Harrison Ford reprised a role in a franchise he hated 32 years after he last appeared in it. I’d still bet on late thirties/early forties John Boyega showing up for some combinations of films for episodes 10, 11, and 12 that I have no doubt will be made

9. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

This is stupid

ship90, aoftbsten and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  10. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I was in the breakroom during lunch today listening to some coworkers talk about how bad TLJ is and how they don't get Poe's arc and blah blah blah

then they moved on to Endgame talk thank goodness. I didn't want to have to interact with them

Dodger likes this.
  11. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Honestly as much as I love the good vibes around Endgame, I really dont mind if this movie ends up being as divisive as TLJ. Id obviously love every single person to walk out of this beaming and in love with it, but people are so narrow-minded with how they view art nowadays. As much as I personally loved Endgame and how much they tried to please everyone and every character and every storyline, and all of the bombastic nature of superhero movies, I really hope The Rise of Skywalker doesnt try to do that. Its a different kind of story and different kind of art.

I hope it focuses on themes. Takes risks. Pushes boundries. and make the art that the creators want to make rather than bend over backwards and create the art the viewer expects.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  12. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Can we all just agree not to engage with the people who are going to inevitably compare Endgame and TROS and use Endgame to say that TROS sucked?

K. Good. Glad we got that out of the way.

theagentcoma likes this.
  13. GBlades

Trusted

Totally read TROS as The Receiving End of Sirens and then I remembered what thread I was in....

14. That happens to me every time haha.

GBlades likes this.
  15. GBlades

Trusted

Had my hopes up a little there!

Alba likes this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

cant wait for people to inevitably call this movie a “flop”.

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. The two properties shouldn't even be compared. Let people enjoy their MCU and Star Wars.

aoftbsten, smoke4thecaper and Dodger like this.
  19. [​IMG]

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Finally stumbled upon what that fixed with red stuff Kylo Ren helmet reminds me of:

[​IMG]

21. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Honestly I loved Endgame and it just made me more hyped for the end of this saga as well. Absolutely thrilled with how they ended things with this saga of the MCU, and I have total faith in them executing this conclusion. December can’t get here fast enough

Dodger likes this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed and ship90 like this.
  23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

echoing the feeling of super hype after finally seeing this trailer on the big screen last night

bodkins, coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I watched the trailer again today for the first time since it premiered I think and man, it really is fantastic. Fully pumped.

bradsonemanband, Dodger and aoftbsten like this.
  25. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

Yeah, it really hit me seeing in the theater.