Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 149

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

056175AB-F8E0-4CCF-8A1D-1BB281E2E87D.jpeg

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

3. ship90

Trusted

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Not sure how I feel about the red cracks in Kylo's mask.

6. bodkins

Trusted

7. FlayedManOfSF Apr 24, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 24, 2019)
    FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I'm putting together a Kylo Ren cosplay and I'm definitely getting some puff paint to put the lines on it.

Dodger, ship90 and coleslawed like this.
  8. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

The wall is now complete at work.

B60EEE64-677C-401E-9493-AFCD2F89746A.jpeg

9. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Ken, Dodger and Davjs like this.
  10. aoftbsten Apr 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 25, 2019)
    aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Catching up on this thread after a week away. I've got responses and theories.

I don't think they're going to go the Rey is a clone from Luke's hand (i would probably also hate that). I could see the Rey being a result of force conception (that's kind of what Snoke said in TLJ anyway). I'll be bummed if Rey isn't a nobody, Rian's message of anyone can be a Jedi/use the force will still hold true thanks to broom kid.

I also don't think we've seen her demonstrate that much power when using the force. She's mainly just used it out of pure instinct at this point and mainly just force pulling stuff. The end of TLJ with the rocks is the only time we really see her seem confident in her abilities.

I think we might get some minor Snoke backstory, with it mainly being a throw away line from Kylo but nothing major.

Kylo not shooting down Rey from the tie-fighter makes sense to me, given that she could just deflect the blaster fire back towards his ship. It also looks like she's about to slice a wing off that thing. Or it's someone else in that ship.

Keri Russell is connected to Rey in some way, I'm thinking a bounty hunter who knew (or possibly killed) her parents.

I'd love for Janna to also be someone completely new, but if she is part of a family I'm going with she isn't Lando's daughter, but Finn's sister (she's probably Lando's daughter though).

I will again reiterate that I think JJ is for sure going to throw a lot of fan service in this, but I think the "he's going to retcon all of TLJ" crowd will be disappointed. Lucasfilm and Disney really seem to love Rian and what he did more than any other director they've worked with so far.

Unrelated to Episode IX, but I'd love to see a character in a future film/show that is the offspring of two Jedi or force users, but isn't actually force sensitive themselves. Seeing how a character like that copes with the shadow of their parents could be super interesting.

11. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

At my avengers screening people clapped for this trailer

12. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

coleslawed likes this.
  13. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

At my avengers screening everyone clapped for everything haha

Maybevictor and Montauk1222 like this.
  14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I kind of want to go see Endgame just for the trailers in front of it.

ship90 and David Parke like this.
  15. I didn’t get Star Wars :(

16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

17. aoftbsten likes this.
  18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

David Parke likes this.
  19. currytheword

Trusted

20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The title is pretty blunt in that he said that TROS is likely his last SW film. No motives were in the title of the article.

bodkins likes this.
  21. currytheword

Trusted

No motives? K. It's out of context and that's entirely what making click-baiting headlines are about. Seemingly implies it's by his choice or preference, with no context to the question he was asked.

But if this were a TLJ article, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That headline isn’t clickbait-y at all, lol

23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

That title seems fine to me. It honestly saved me a click because based on the wording I guessed what was said.

24. GBlades

Trusted

He literally says he doesn't think Finn will appear in another Star Wars movie, title is less click-baity than what I actually thought it was going to be!

coleslawed likes this.
  25. currytheword

Trusted

You knew the context and question asked based on "John Boyega says this is likely his last Star Wars film" ? Cause that's wild.