Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 146

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't think we will, or need to, see the broom kid anymore. That scene was more symbolism than an actual character/story that's going to be delved into.

2. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Broom boy was one of the coolest things in TLJ.

phaynes12 likes this.
  3. "That would be wish fulfillment and instantly hand her a place in this story on a silver platter," he said. "The hardest thing for her is to hear she's not going to get that easy answer. Not only that, but Kylo is going to use the fact that you don't get that answer to try and weaken you so you have to lean on him. You're going to have to find the strength to stand on your own two feet and define yourself in this story."

He is so damn right and that's such a great message right now in these last few hellish years.

4. I don't think we know for sure what specific angles he'll take. But I'm excited about it for sure.
    I could see one group of film/shows going forward from here, and one being in the back filling in gaps there.

So many stories to tell. I'm very excited about The Mandalorian.

phaynes12 and Dodger like this.
  5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

We are all broom boy on this glorious day.

6. Last episode of The Incomparable was about the trailer:

Ewokalypse (The Incomparable 455)

Really liked Siracusa's discussion of tragedy and, I think Moses, talking about patronage.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  7. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Was there any weight to Rian’s trilogy being more family friendly and the Throne’s guys being a bit more adult? I want to say Rian shot that down, but I don’t remember.

8. Not sure if we know for sure. Last I remember is this:

God the replies to him are so fucking garbage.

Ken likes this.
  9. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Im literally just going to save this to my phone so I can copy and paste it every time I hear the complaint. He really put in words the best Ive heard

Anthony_ and Jason Tate like this.
  10. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

People are insanely rude to him on twitter. People are insanely rude on the internet in general though so haha

Ken, Davjs and Jason Tate like this.
  11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

people gonna be kissing his boots when knives out drops though

12. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Redemption arc for Snoke because of his killer fashion sense. Just tape him back together. My boy looked GOOD.

[​IMG]

aoftbsten, Anthony_, Ken and 3 others like this.
  13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

With the OT revolved around Luke trying to redeem his father and finally bringing back, along with the PT about Anakin (or Luke, depending on how you view it) as the chosen one to bring balance to the force it would feel like a dishonor to the Skywalker lineage to have it end with the final member being a villain. The Skywalker line ended up with the redemption of Vader and destroying the one who made him then, but now it could potentially end with Ben being killed as a ruler of an evil empire. It just doesn’t feel right to end the Skywalker saga on that note. You’re right about not all endings being triumphant and if that’s it goes down then I hope there is still a slight moment of redemption (Anakin talking to Rey and helping her bring down his grandson).

We have met strong Jedi, but Rey is arguably Anakin/Luke level strength with the way she lifted all of the boulders at the end of TLJ. Without bringing in the horrible midi-chlorians, Anakin was top tier level within 10 years and he was the chosen one which explains how he was able to achieve that. I’d like for there to be some explanation as to why Rey could do that as well in a much short time span than Anakin.

Joe, jkauf, troyplaysbass and 4 others like this.
  15. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I still dont like snokes design haha he looks like baby old man golum

currytheword likes this.
  16. After this is over and they go on movie hiatus, I hope we get some content with Ahsoka in the interim.

aoftbsten and Dodger like this.
  17. Dodger

I’m not going to get into my perspective about her power and the Mary Sue shit as Ive done it so much and just don’t care anymore to opine about it lol I don’t think it’s an unreasonable qualm at all, but sometimes filling in answers for yourself is the best answer. I’m not just talking about this situation but all mythology. This isn’t science where if there’s not answers it’s not real. It’s myth. Attempt to fill in the gaps yourself and you might love what you find even more than what anybody could’ve told you.

One reason why I love this trilogy so far is because so much of my relationship with it is uniquely my own. I have my own interpretation to it that nobody else has. Also my interpretation changes with other perspectives. When I first saw TFA and she used a mind trick with no training I was irked by it but then I heard somebody explain how when Kylo entered her mind on Starkiller and they formed that connection, she learned a lot about the Force and got some his training from that moment.

aoftbsten and oakhurst like this.
  18. Why? Why does the Skywalker lineage's last member need to be a hero? What does that change about Luke and his legend? It still exists. What he did is still a part of the galaxy. Not everyone in a family tree needs to be a hero. Not everyone in a family tree will be. If anything I think that strengthens what Luke overcame, struggled with, and tried to deal with from his family, it doesn't dishonor it just because one outlives others. I don't know how the movie will end, but I don't see any reason to think Ben Solo-Skywalker being the last, and being evil, dishonors anything about the other people in the story. (Sometimes shitty kids ruin their parents good names.)

I completely disagree she's even remotely close to that level of strength. She has moments of concentrated effort where she can do some cool shit, but it's still very raw and unconfined. I think comparing it to Anakin or Luke is at least 10 steps too far.

aoftbsten and oakhurst like this.
  19. [​IMG]

20. Dodger

Also Luke says I’ve only seen this raw strength once before. Meaning Ben. Meaning he had the same amount of strength as Rey.

Also “darkness rises...and light to meet it.” Snoke basically explained why she’s so powerful.

Anthony_ and coleslawed like this.
  21. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

The prequels are bad movies that only exist because George Lucas thought it’d be cool to call the first movie of a series “Episode IV” and that series became one of the biggest IPs in the world. It’s silly to insist the Skywalker lineage be integral to future films because of them.

Dinosaurs Dish and Brother Beck like this.
  22. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

drip, king, drip!

Brother Beck and coleslawed like this.
  23. The first does not mean the second though. It could be that at an early age, or middle age, Ben, and Rey now, are/were close. But seeing raw strength and equating them as "same amount" doesn't follow as certain.

(This is all silly Dragon Ball Z "power ranking 100000!" stuff any way.)

She's strong in the force. I don't really think it matters to quantify it as half-a-Yoda + one Ezra or whatever. Heh.

coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

If everyone keeps talking about the prequels and Snoke at the same time I’m going to fall deep into the Darth Jar Jar rabbit hole again.

Dodger and Davjs like this.
  25. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

What does everyone think is going on in the scene in the desert with Rey flipping over the ship...? I feel like that kinda has to be training or something. If you were actually trying to kill someone on the ground from a spaceship that would be a pretty bad way of doing it. It almost looks like the person flying the ship is trying to hit her with it - they don't fire the lasers at all on the whole way up to her.