Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. ship90

Trusted

Everyone is on pins and needles... Snap lives.

SteveLikesMusic and David Parke like this.
  2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

how do i hibernate for 16 months

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  4. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

hi. i am excited for this motion picture.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Subbin

6. bodkins

Trusted

Mrplum5089, David Parke and Darthjojo like this.
  7. Darthjojo

Holy forkin' shirtballs

It has been a great few weeks of Star Wars news!

bodkins likes this.
  8. ship90

Trusted

They aren’t keeping Mark Hamill a secret which is nice.

9. NitrateDawn

Regular

I'm not familiar with Naomi Ackie but she's a black female so 1) yay, and 2) let's start preparing for the shitstorm

10. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

For real. Now he won’t get hounded asking if he is in it.

11. Greg

Kind of a bummer that seems to confirm that this is the final episode film.

I get it, especially with where the story has gone now, but I hope the Skywalker saga ends and a new one starring Rey can continue a decade from now or something.

David Parke likes this.
  12. Darthjojo

Holy forkin' shirtballs

I have a feeling we are still going to get some great Mark scenes in this one. I also really like the concept of how they are going to close Leia's story out. Makes me extra-glad Abrams took over the finale, since he shot the original footage.

coleslawed and ship90 like this.
  13. ship90

Trusted

Yeah there’s no way they aren’t going to do this ha. It’s guaranteed money. This saga is also generational so you need to give it space and time.

Also, really thrilled to hear how they are handling Carrie in the film.

14. ship90 Jul 27, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 27, 2018)
    ship90

Trusted

Edit: nvm Keri is in the press release now

Dodger likes this.
  15. bodkins

Trusted

How’d they miss that? Ha. Glad she’s in it for sure.

David Parke and Dodger like this.
  16. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yo....not sure how confident I feel about the Leia thing.

17. Greg

Should be interesting to see how they pull it off. Only bummer thing to me (beyond the obvious bummer part) is that I felt Leia was presented in a far stronger way in TLJ vs TFA.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  18. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Her acting was much stronger in TLJ. That being said, I don’t see them taking a gamble on this unless they’re sure it’ll work.

coleslawed and ship90 like this.
  19. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

First off, so glad Kelly is back. Really happy overall with the casting. Maybe its just me but I feel like its weird that there are only three new main actors. idk.

I trust JJ with the Carrie thing. You werent going to win with recasting her or CGI. You werent going to win writing her off in the crawl. I cant imagine well get those scenes that he shot unaltered though. Itd be weird just going back to her TFA version. Maybe they can do something where they take the footage and make into a holo or maybe use the audio from those scenes and put them over a CGI holo of her.

20. Dodger Jul 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 28, 2018)
    Dodger

Im definitely feeling like JJ is going to try to tie back in Maz's "a good story...for another time" line about Anakin's lightsaber. Its really been such a through line for this trilogy, so maybe Maz telling Rey how she got it which couldve presumably could have come from Lando finding it on Bespin would make sense. Then maybe she gave it to Leia where they can use that scene where she hands it to Leia which I assume was a full scene and maybe Leia refused to take it which then led to Maz keeping it maybe? idk.

Also I know this is just fan-fiction thats never going to happen but Im holding out hope that ala Luke and the surprise green saber in ROTJ, the first fight Rey has she pulls out her staff, twirls it all bad-ass like, presses a button, and a yellow blade shoots out on both sides. I want it so bad lol

ship90 likes this.
  21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’m glad Hamill is back. He didn’t have to so I’m guessing he likes what JJ is doing.

22. Dodger

It just looks right!
    [​IMG]

David Parke, coleslawed and ship90 like this.
  23. ship90

Trusted

@Dodger I’m ok with three new actors, we still have Greg Grunberg, Nien Nunb, and a few other scattered Resistence fighters. Naomi Acki and Keri Russel are more than likely going to be on the Resistence side as well. Richard Grant is def playing someone in the first order. There was also a casting call looking for stern-faced individuals recently (not sure why yet) ha.

As for Carrie, they could do a holo or flashbacks. They could still have a funeral (I would love it to mirror Padme’s in ROTS) but I don’t know that they would do that to Billie Lourd. That would be hard.

As for Rey’s lightsaber, I’m going to keep an open mind ha. But yeah, a staff/saber combo makes the most sense given her fighting style. Might be something they reveal in the first trailer to get everyone hyped (April... you’re so far away).

Dodger likes this.
  24. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I'm telling y'all, have a scene where she (via body double) becomes one with the Force. With Luke welcoming her before she vanishes.

It'd be so easy to pull off, so narratively fulfilling, and so respectful to Carrie.

Brother Beck, Nyquist and Dodger like this.
  25. Dodger

[​IMG]

David Parke and ship90 like this.