Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson, December 15, 2017) Movie • Page 76

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 14, 2016.

fenway89, jkauf, Mrplum5089 and 8 others like this.
  2. NitrateDawn

Regular

Wow, that's so early. They were working on TFA right up until release.

fenway89 likes this.
  3. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

EXCELLENT.

It will age like fine wine for a few more months...

THEN WE DRINK.

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

This could potentially be a spoiler for 8 and 9, so just in case

New Book Reveals Yoda Thought Leia Was the 'Chosen One'

Due to fans not being told upfront if the chosen one is Luke or Anakin, these films could have revealed that Leia is the chosen one once she challenges Kylo or Snoke after Han’s death. If this was the plan then it’s provably been scrapped after Carrie’s death due to her character not appearing in episode IX.

5. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

meh, as discussed sometime recently somewhere on here... I'm not really that interested in the prophesy stuff at this point. But the one constant is that no one seems to know what it actually is or who it refers to. Having another option certainly isn't a bad idea, I just don't care at this point. The lack of clarity means they can always change it again later and go, "oh! It really meant THIS!" I'm just not interested in that, personally. But I am all for making Leia more prominent and important.

6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It certainly wouldn’t surprise me if Lucasfilm and Disney were thinking about making Leia be the chosen one while giving each other clever laughs. The fact that none of the films have directly stated who the chosen one is can unfortunately give Lucasfilm plenty of ways to tease it over and over and over again. I’ve come to be in the same boat and just want it to not be mentioned anymore. It was okay as a prequel concept, but it’s overstayed it’s welcome. I would be totally down with Leia doing something monumental, though. Killing Jabba is the biggest thing she has done.

7. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Wow @ TLJ being done so early. Could you imagine if it leaked?

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I could. I could also imagine the poor soul who would dare go against the mouse.

9. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Joe Jonas knows

10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

That would be stupid and one of the dumbest “plot twists” ever.

11. Dodge725

Trusted

The Prophecy can apply to so many people, it has no clear meaning and that's kind of the point. If you think it was Anakin, you're right. Luke = correct. Rey is also a great answer potentially. A new character in 10 years no one has even thought of yet also has a great chance to be The Chosen One. I think it's just a tool that connects the generations in the story of these mythical heroes so there's no right answer and no wrong one either.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. Greg

That's why I don't like it. I want resolution to it. It's one thing to think it's Anakin and it really be Luke. In a way it was both of them in ROTJ. I can only take so many new twists in it until I just don't care. It's fine for it to change but then that should be it. constantly changing it just makes it lose all meaning. What's the point?

13. Heh. Sounds like pretty standard comic book stuff.

14. Dodge725

Trusted

I think the point is that it doesn't matter, and all of these characters that put so much weight behind this prophecy end up destroyed by it (Qui-Gon, The Order, Obi-Wan, Luke). I totally get wanting a clear answer though, I just don't think we're ever gonna get that.

fenway89 and coleslawed like this.
  15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the chosen one was boss nass

fenway89, Barresi, aoftbsten and 3 others like this.
  16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

17. Greg

I don't think we will get a specific answer either. I think they should let it stay vague and have it be about Anakin/Luke and the conclusion of ROTJ. And just let it be.

18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

That’s what they should do

19. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

that's probably the exception to the rule.

20. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This TLJ trailer has a lot to live up to. The final TFA trailer almost brings me to tears to this day! It's so wonderfully edited with the music and dialogue. "Just let it in."

beachdude42 and ship90 like this.
  21. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah TFA trailer ruled hard

remember Boyegas reaction to the cut of him with a saber deploying before the duel in the snow? Ha

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i remember the video of daisy crying watching the trailer for the first time and that was great.

i can't wait to get more, i am anticipating it will be soon. maybe within the next 2-3 weeks.

23. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

I'm still of the mind to heed the advice from Rian Johnson and Mark Hamill to not take part in any more media.

bobby_runs likes this.
  24. Greg

That’s my plan. I’m sure I’ll see shots of it on Twitter and Facebook, but I won’t see all of it.

Jason Tate and Kevin360 like this.
  25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i just read an article that mentioned that mark hamill supposedly tweeted recently to "tune into Monday Night Football on October 9th for no reason at all." and the tweet was very quickly deleted.

Wondering if TLJ will follow the TFA roll-out and debut the final trailer at halftime and tickets immediately go on sale. If that't the case, just 2 more weeks.