Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson, December 15, 2017) Movie • Page 75

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I think my main concern for this movie is that there's going to be some wasted character (like Phasma in TFA) again. We're really only losing one character from the last film (Han) and we're gaining what seems like three important players with Benicio Del Toro, Laura Dern, and Kelly Marie Tran. And the loss of Han is going to be cancelled out by gaining Luke. It sounds like Leia is going to have more to do as well. I want more of that rivarly with Kylo and Hux, but I feel like there won't be enough time to explore things like that.

3. Greg

I would expect Del Toro and possibly Dern will have small roles. More in the vein of something like Sydow did in TFA, small but important. Though Dern may have a bit more. Tran primarily being shown with Boyega shows promise that she will be prominent.

coleslawed and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  4. ship90

Trusted

We also still don't know much of anything about Rose's sister Paige.

5. Greg

I feel like we already know that she dies. Wasn't there something about a young pilot training under Poe dies or something like that? I feel like that's Paige.
    Maybe I'm wrong and I can't think of the source. I've tried to avoid some stuff but generally see the officially released stuff and that sounds so familiar.

ship90 likes this.
  6. ship90

Trusted

Sound familiar actually to me as well, I've heard it mentioned somewhere. Considering they haven't released much on her promotion-wise that would make sense for sure

7. Greg

Exactly

8. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yea I think Benicio’s role is tiny, which is kind of a letdown cuz I wanted him to be a main villain. If he IS....then they’ve been keeping a damn good job of keeping it secret.

9. Benicio works way better in smaller roles IMO.

fenway89 and coleslawed like this.
  10. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Whaaaaaaat. The Usual Suspects!? Sicario?! The Hunted?!

11. Perfect amount of screen time in The Usual Suspects.

(The Hunted was awful. Kinda argues my point about where I think he's best used.)

fenway89 likes this.
  12. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

And your thoughts on Sicario?! (Which I loved, try not to break my heart.)

13. fenway89 and carrytheweight like this.
  14. Greg

Del Toro basically took over the third act of Sicario. It was kind of weird.

I liked the movie though.

carrytheweight likes this.
  15. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Strangely enough, Brolin was my least favorite character in the movie. And I generally am a fan of his stuff. But yeah, Sicario was a movie I slept on until about 5 months ago.

16. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Del Toros character was integral to Sicario. He was the Sicario.

But yeah I wonder how much combined screen time he actually got. Sorta like Joker or something in DKR.

17. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Definitely more than that. Not on the level of Blunt or Brolin, but still more. I think his presence on screen is felt in that movie even when he's not saying anything.

fenway89 likes this.
  18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I love Sicario, I really wish it wasn't getting a sequel though.

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  19. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I'll wait to judge, but I probably agree.

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I mean, it could end up being great for sure. But it felt like a pretty self contained story.

21. NitrateDawn

Regular

I'm a big fan of this thread morphing into a Sicario thread.

22. NitrateDawn

Regular

Also find the idea of a sequel to Sicario weird. I think it'll only work if they try to do something completely different.

23. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

smh it's like people haven't see che

fenway89 and coleslawed like this.
  24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

25. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I’m about to make a “Leave J.J. alone!” YouTube video.