Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson, December 15, 2017) Movie • Page 52

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

less than 4 months folks.

aoftbsten and bradsonemanband like this.
  2. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

I'm very late to this conversation but there are literal space ships, 40 miles is nothin

3. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel like I've never seen more than 40 miles of any of the planets from Star Wars

4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I mean, in detail, that's probably true. But technically you have seen half of the planet as the ships come in from space. But, yea... These aren't really travel on foot movies so it makes sense.

5. NitrateDawn

Regular

Pretty sure the average person in Star Wars doesn't have a space ship

6. Greg

But we also don't really follow the average people.

7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

You technically see a lot of Naboo in Phantom Menace, right? 'Cause of the whole landing on the wrong part of the planet and having to travel underwater thing. lol.

8. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah haha it's something I didn't really think about before

9. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Random Star Wars hypothetical: what type of planet/environment would you like to see that we haven't really come across in a movie yet? I was chatting with a friend about this and he came up with an underground cave-like civilization (like a Howe Caverns type place).

10. Greg

A planet made entirely of porgs. Like, not inhabited by porgs. But the ground is literally porgs.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  11. Tim

I think a completely underwater planet would be cool. The Gungans were obviously terrible, but I'd dig a sort of Star Wars Atlantis in a good movie.

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I have always wanted a tropical planet full of archipelagos, but Ach-To seems to have fulfilled that for the most part. It could be a little more tropical though.

I would also like to see mountain ranges.

13. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

There is a three episode arc in Clone Wars that takes place on the oceanic planet Mon Cala. It takes place almost entirely underwater, battles included. It's weird. Feels like Star Wars Atlantis though.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

A planet that's just one small town. Like Coruscant but everyone knows way to much about what's going on in each other's lives.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Cob Planet

16. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

like a big corn on the cob planet

17. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

It would be cool to see a whole world infested by something hostile like the worm on that moon from Empire or the worm pits at Jabbas on Tattooine

Tim likes this.
  18. Tim

Sounds pretty cool. I don't watch the Star Wars cartoons, even though I know they're good; the animation style just doesn't appeal to me, regardless of storytelling. (Cue people telling me how much I'm missing out, lol.) But, that sounds like the kind of cool planet that a future film should visit.

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Tim, coleslawed, ship90 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'll pass on that one

21. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Better feature Ewan McGregor.

22. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I wanted that more than I wanted a Han Solo one

emeryk3 likes this.
  23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

only way i am seeing it

same.

aoftbsten and emeryk3 like this.
  24. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Can't wait for the trailer tag line for the next 10 Star Wars movies

"From the safe, boring, white, male director of a bunch of mediocre to shitty movies comes... another fucking star wars movie. Probably about a white guy. Maybe a white woman."

AndrewSoup, Tim, RobbieBerns and 2 others like this.
  25. tucah

not champ Prestigious

i'd absolutely see an ewan obi-wan film. kinda lame how safe they're generally playing these spinoffs though - han, obi-wan, boba if that's still in development somewhere. rogue one was a bit of a different take but i'd love to see something outside of the time period around the original trilogy.