Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson, December 15, 2017) Movie • Page 50

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Valerian looked awful, if that is sci-fi, i don't know if i like it. Just overly cheesy stuff.

2. Davjs

Trusted

No Cape so no.

but seriously he probably is. How is he different from Superman in origin?

3. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Yuh

4. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Not to mention he enters a phase with Super in the name

5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I feel like they are bringing it back just to have a connected theme to the prequels. Really lazy.

6. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

We will have to see it first, but I'm not super positive about the idea.

FreshnessExpired likes this.
  7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would have to join the ship that doesn't place Star Wars in science fiction. I would say it's space fantasy which is different in tone and visuals than science fiction.

coleslawed likes this.
  8. I actually like this, if it's true. It shows that even the most powerful always have a feeling of self-doubt, imposter syndrome, and it plays in to a pretty human characteristic. I like it. If you thought balance would come, and it never did, it makes sense to me he'd always be looking, wondering, questioning.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. Greg

I would like it more if the prophecy had actually been stated clearly. Which it never consistently has. Is it to bring balance to the force? Or is it to destroy the Sith? Yoda himself says they may have it wrong. That lack of clarity of what it is bothers me.

If it was only ever stated as "bringing balance" I would be okay with the flawed or bad interpretation of it. As that could mean different things. I dunno. I blame Lucas for making it messy. I think if anyone can make sense of it, Johnson can. But I just think it's far too convoluted at this point.

10. fronkensteen

Trusted

It would be cool if something were to happen to basically throw all ideas of what the force is or who's supposed to bring balance to the force, etc... out the window and start in a completely new direction.

coleslawed likes this.
  11. I dunno, it seems reasonable to me. All this is passed down and like most religions no one really knows what it is ... or what the original text/prophecy was supposed to be.

RJ Knorr and coleslawed like this.
  12. Greg

I see your point. But it doesn't change my gut reaction to it. Know what I mean?

13. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Maybe we find out Luke has stumbled across concrete mention of the prophecy at the old Jedi temples

14. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

maybe theres a sith prophecy

15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Maybe the prophecy was made by the Sith. Please do not let that be it.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

awakeohsleeper and coleslawed like this.
  17. Greg

That would make more sense given what we have seen.

18. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

It does look overly cheesy (hence why I haven't seen it myself) but I definitely want a lot more outworldly set pieces than what they're currently doing.

But for me, finding Luke Skywalker at the end of Ep 7 felt annoyingly way too uncliamtic because it looked too obvious/familiar as an island on the Irish coast; all these planets with the same ecosystem as Earth is dull. Obviously they'll beef up the island for episode 8 but overall I feel Rogue One at least did a better job visually with exploring new territory. At least a film like Valerian taps into imagination.

19. :eyeroll:

Joe4th likes this.
  20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

21. NitrateDawn

Regular

Tattooine - Desert
    Endor - Forest
    Coruscant - City
    Hoth - Tundra

These all reflect specific ecosystems on Earth. Pretty sure that's Star Wars' thing actually, taking a specific element from Earth and making an entire planet out of it. Do you find those planets dull as well?

22. bodkins

Trusted

What I was thinking

23. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

favorite SW planets?

I like Tattoine, Bespin and pretty much all the Rogue One planets

24. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Not sure I've seen a single SW planet that I'd actually want to live on, haha. Coruscant or Naboo, perhaps?

25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Probably would live on Naboo. A beach vacation on Scarif would be nice. I'd go to Tattoine if I was in the mood some PBR at a dive bar.