Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson, December 15, 2017) Movie • Page 40

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

And just to let you guys know JP is my favorite childhood film, and still is in my top 10. I love it so much. Every sequel after has been a disappointment. I very much wanted JW to do good. I really liked Safety Not Guaranteed, and of course the cast had me really excited. Had lots of ideas how they would do an open park, and the Aquatic Dino. There re some great parts(the final fight, possible weaponizing of the raptors, t-Rex being used as a way of showing us that bigger/badder is overrated, the way they commercialized the park/Dino's.).

Though I miss the suspense of the original. I went to see TFA for the first time in the Bay Area, and I was talking to a women who was working the merch table for Disney. My dad was with me, and she asked if we had planned the day to see with each other. Also if we had bonded over SW in the past. I said yes. She started to cry, and say how sweet it was.

Then she asks me how I felt about JW. I said I enjoyed it, but was overall diss appointed. SHE TURNED OUT TO BE TREVORROW's MOM!

Lol she was nice, and I felt bad. I was too blunt. She then told me before it was announced that her son would in fact direct ep 9.

2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

It didn't even feel like a JW movie. It was a Chris Pratt movie that just happened to have dinosaurs in it

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

JW did an impressive job of making one of the most charismatic actors in Hollywood a totally boring and one dimensional character

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

That story is insane, but how could you know and you were just giving your opinion.

5. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

why was she working merchandise for Disney. at the movie. I've never even heard of that. So weird lol.

6. Morrissey

Trusted

They probably made his family provide free labor in exchange for getting to direct.

7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Regarding the faults with JW, someone mentioned in the JW thread back on ap.net that any and all problems could be traced to studio meddling. Trevorrow had only made one small budget movie (which I really enjoyed) that didn't make a ton (made a profit but less than $5mil box office) but somehow he's hired to reboot one of the most successful franchises. At the time he had no clout to stand up to studio heads to take creative control and he certainly didn't want to self-sabotage a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I've seen it happening more recently where studios bring small-budget directors to take over big franchises (Gareth Edwards from Monsters to Godzilla; Jordan Vogt-Roberts from Kings of Summer to Kong: Skull Island)

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Laura Dern!!!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Those screens are sweet!!!!

14. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Vanity Fair article is juiiiicyyyyyy. So excited.

15. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Stupid work getting in the way of me reading the whole thing right now

16. I can't wait for a Jurassic Park/Star Wars hybrid to come out of this! ha

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  17. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I'm willing to bet that Star Wars and Blue Velvet exist in the same cinematic universe

18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Nice to finally see some images of Dern and Del Toro. Del Toro definitely has that smuggler/scoundrel vibe to him.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  19. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I can't wait for this. Force Awakens was amazing. Trying to avoid the marketing blitz that's coming

teebs41 likes this.
  20. bodkins

Trusted

Let the hype flow through you.

Ken and coleslawed like this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

theagentcoma, Contender and Ken like this.
  22. i might have to watch the de-specialized version today!

coleslawed and Nyquist like this.
  23. bodkins

Trusted

Just got the Blu-ray set of the original/prequel. Was going to watch the ANH Blu-ray, but now I'm wondering if I should bust out the VCR...

teebs41 and bradsonemanband like this.
  24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I've always heard about the de-specialized versions, but I've never been able to find them. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

25. torrent sites. they're awesome!

if you haven't seen this little documentary about the making/re-creation of them, you should. super interesting, and will definitely make you want to watch them ASAP.

aoftbsten likes this.