Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson, December 15, 2017) Movie • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 14, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah it'd be pretty boring to have her be Luke's daughter or whatever

2. RonandTammy

Regular

Yea, like when was the Force not present? Kylo uses the force, Snoke has the force, they've both been using it. Rey used it for like 2 seconds, Luke showed up but no one knows yet...so I don't get it.

The Last Jedi would be perfect if this were the last entry into the franchise.

ChaseTx likes this.
  3. ChaseTx

I thought all of the other subtitles had a sense of action to them, strikes back, attack, return. idk doesn't matter really

4. RonandTammy

Regular

I think they should go with Revenge of The Sith.

ChaseTx likes this.
  5. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I don't really care what the title is. It's just an extension of what already know. Luke is going to have a bigger role and that the movie will pick up where the last one left off. Also, per the TFA scrolling intro, Luke is the last Jedi and will seemingly mentor Rey. It's a good news item without really disclosing something we don't already know.

6. ChaseTx

prefer if Luke doesn't die, that's too predictable, but he probably will for the torch to be passed

7. RonandTammy

Regular

Which is even worse, IMO.

Both outcomes are completely contrived.

8. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

I've learned that you have to let the film develop its own meaning of the subtitle. The only ones that stand out to me are ANH, ESB, and TFA. I think those have a significant amount of meaning in context with the film. Hopefully this one will be no different.

9. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

I think that's just a pilot's helmet from the Battle of Jakku after ROTJ. Much like the AT-AT, it's just something she found years after the ruins. But I like the theory though. Just feels like a stretch for me.

10. dlemert

Trusted

I've already read an interesting theory that Luke will train Rey to become something other than a Jedi, because he's realized the Jedi are flawed and doesn't want to repeat the same mistakes that lead to the downfall of the Jedi Order (and the destruction of his trainees). So that would make Luke the last Jedi in reference, and Luke will show Rey how to use the Force to become...something else entirely I suppose. Not sure if I like this theory or not.

11. RonandTammy

Regular

It's certainly not a theory. It's the helmet of a female pilot with the last name of Raeh (Ray/Rey).

12. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

a midichlorian

13. Michael Schmidt

I don't know if my brain is ready to have something besides the Jedi and Sith. Good and evil. It's simple and makes sense.

14. dlemert

Trusted

Yeah, plus can it really even be Star Wars without Jedi? I don't think that would sit well with most audiences.

15. RonandTammy

Regular

Rogue One.

16. flask

Trusted Supporter

When I see the poster is just the title but its red instead of yellow.
    [​IMG]

17. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I really hope we get a teaser during the Super Bowl. Just curious though to what you said. What do you think would make for a good title for one of the older films? Take for example, The Return of the Jedi? What would you rename it?

18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I'm not sure what I would have called it. I've never put time into thinking of what I would rename the older films. Return of the Jedi just seems like someone watched the last 10 minutes of the movie and then came up with the name.

19. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

20. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Lets fucking gooooo

21. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I would like to introduce you to Ahsoka Tano. She is no Jedi. She is no Sith. But man, she is awesome! And how she found her status makes sense.

Deanna likes this.
  22. Michael Schmidt

Which part of the universe is she involved with? I only know things from the movies and some wookiepedia.

23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

The Clone Wars, Rebels, and most recently her own book.

24. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Having "The" in it doesn't bother me, but mostly all of the titles have implied an event or a change in the story. This one seems a little easy imo, but if it's anything like TFA I'll love it.

ChaseTx likes this.
  25. ChaseTx

I think that's what I don't like about it. it references one character (or two) whereas the other titles allude to events

Your Milkshake likes this.