Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson, December 15, 2017) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Rey took her first steps into a larger world in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' and will continue her epic journey with Finn, Poe, and Luke Skywalker in the next chapter of the continuing Star Wars saga.

2. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Mark Hamill tweeted something that could be a spoiler/hint for episode VIII. I originally linked it but did not know it would just display the tweet, deleted the post for those who'd prefer not to see it.

He said about Daisy Ridley's response to some body shaming story, "couldn't be prouder if you were my own... Fellow cast member."

AndrewSoup likes this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

lol of course he did

4. The more I think about it the more I am maybe leaning toward Kenobi.

5. phaynes1

Regular

Subbin

6. [​IMG]

The timeline doesn't work to support that Rey is Obi-Wan's daughter, but can't rule out that she's an unknown branch of his family tree. We just don't know that much about him.

7. Hamill is def trolling ha. He referred to Boyega as "sonsational" or something like that in a tweet a while ago.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Maybe if he had like a brother or something we never knew about which I think is a bit far-fetched. The timeline simply doesn't work for it I'm thinking. Also, I think it would take away from the character who was, by all measurements, the epitome of a Jedi until the time of his death. I see the argument for Luke forsaking ideas regarding attachments as he was never a part of the old Jedi Order and saw how it was at least partially responsible for their downfall, but I don't see that character going that route.

Can you let me know what your thought process is? Very interested to hear any theories.

9. Weird, this didn't show up for me as a notification. Did you edit this quote in after the fact?

I have no real like "oh it's gotta be" reasoning for this — it's more just a pure guess and feeling about things and not wanting it really to be Luke (which is far more logical). I think that there are some parallels with Rey that could be seen as mirroring Ben's arc and it's more of a well if it's not Luke what would they do kind of scenario. The timing would need to be messed with somehow, but I dunno, I think I like the idea of it. I always thought Obi and Duchess Satine were a cute couple.

10. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Ya that's actually what I did, sorry about that. Didn't realize I had to insert the quote.

Satine and Kenobi were great and you can tell he had feelings for her. It's an interesting scenario for sure, can't wait to see how it pans out. My personal theory is that Kylo left Rey on Jakku because he couldn't bear to slaughter his cousin. I am one of the people who wants the Star Wars universe to remain being about the Skywalkers for now; in the same breath, I think that Disney / Lucasfilm really want this story to show that anyone can be a hero, no matter their circumstances.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

13. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I didn't know Laura Dern was in this

14. If it's possible, I'm anticipating this more than the previous episode.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  15. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

As am I! Really surprised at how much I loved episode VII

Cannot wait for this one

16. teenagemustache

I used to be cool...

Same. Episode VII exceeded my expectations and I can not wait to see what they do with Episode VIII. I like Rian Johnson and am hopeful with him at the reins of this.

17. I love the potential of these anthology movies more than the episodes.

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

19. Rey's Jedi training is going well:teethsmile:

20. teenagemustache

I used to be cool...

What does everyone think of the supposedly "Leaked" episode 8 plot?

21. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Don't think I'm a fan of Rey being a reincarnated Anakin.

22. teenagemustache

I used to be cool...

Me neither. I really hope it's not going in that direction.

23. that would be awful

24. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Definitely believe Rey is related to Luke. Until the movie either confirms or denies.

I think VIII is gonna be huge. Way better than FA, and I love it.

25. cbow52

aka livethesounds Prestigious

i wasn't into kylo being the son of han when i heard that theory, but the story was done well and i liked it after all. if the story is done well and executed right, it will work.

that being said i don't think that's going to happen.