Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson, December 15, 2017) Movie • Page 381

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

theagentcoma likes this.
  2. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Immediately appealing this footnote to the supreme court

3. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

4. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

lol

5. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

It’s a trump appointed judge. As the below thread handily illustrates, they have been producing some real shitty and cringe writing (to no one’s surprise)

6. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I just remembered that Poe says "big-ass gun" in this movie lol

Daniel182 and coleslawed like this.
  7. y2jayjk Jul 3, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 3, 2021)
    y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

My god one of the worst movies of all time.

Watching the doc proves it. Horrible direction for luke, setting up Kelly marie tran to be bullied. Pointless scenes. Rian Johnson sucks so much.

This movie is for high school misogynists.

Also it's racist they switched it to Kylo and Rey instead of Finn and Rey

8. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

don't even know where to start with that one

9. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

[​IMG]

10. theagentcoma

My first thought was "oh cool we're doing this again" but then the end of that post made me realize there are still some stupid ass takes out there about this movie that I haven't heard yet, well done

11. [​IMG]

12. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I really dislike this movie, but damn that's an obnoxious and wrong take in so many ways

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Holy fucking smooth brain Batman

14. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I've read a ton of dumb things on the internet. That ones high up on the list.

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

“Oh they hate that ship!”

still one of the best lines

16. theagentcoma

still one of the best movies

WanderingSquall, coleslawed and SpyKi like this.
  17. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I've thought about The Last Jedi time and again, and I think the thing that really strikes me about it even now is that it is more or less a movie about the good guys fucking up. Every plan, every step that the heroes take in this movie is anywhere from flawed to just flat out unnecessary, and is either met with failure or with a pyrrhic victory at best. And yet they persevere.

It's fascinating to me, because I don't think a lot of big budget blockbusters, if any, ever set out with that approach. It's one thing for a plan to go awry, it's another thing for that to be the fuel driving the entire movie. I'm not sure if what I'm saying is what was ever intended, but it's the way it appears to me, and if this sounds like criticism, it's not.

I actually think that's wonderful. It's human, really. Nothing ever goes according to plan, and this movie is the most logical conclusion to that thought process.

Frankly, as much as I enjoyed The Force Awakens, I really wish Rian Johnson had done the entire trilogy. I'd be interested to know how he would've handled it.

18. Pseudo!

Regular

It was definitely intended. “The greatest teacher, failure is.”

19. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I still can’t believe how awful they concluded this trilogy given when this story ended.

Oooooo what could have been

20. theagentcoma

It'll be years before I'm fully healed of the endings to GoT and the Star Wars films

21. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I went down a YouTube rabbit hole and came across a video about how they wanted more time to flesh out the story, but Disney was set on every release date. I guess they wanted to bump each film by a year. TROS only had four weeks to be written apparently, while The Last Jedi had 18 months. Probably makes sense since this film is my favorite of the trilogy. All the directors should have written together. I feel like then we would've had a better trilogy all together. At least one that made sense.

22. Craig Manning Aug 9, 2021
    (Last edited: Aug 9, 2021)
    Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Thinking about this movie at this point just makes me sad. So many cool, interesting, subversive choices that either don’t get paid off in the sequel or get immediately retconned. I can’t think of a series ender I hate more than TROS, because it doesn’t only suck on its own but also makes the movies that came before it suck more by association. Come to think of it, the movie retroactively made me like all JJ Abrams projects less, too. The worst Star Wars movie.

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

“somehow palptine returned”

24. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Makes me want to smash things.

WanderingSquall and Sean Murphy like this.
  25. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I remember walking out of that theater on such a high