Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson, December 15, 2017) Movie • Page 373

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 14, 2016.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

That comment did not go the way I thought it would.

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

#RoseTicoDeservedBetter is trending now on Twitter, which, damn right.

Would love a Disney+ film or miniseries about her, w/ Connix in the supporting cast & flashbacks w/ Paige, w/ Rian Johnson involved in some capacity (but not necessarily director; get a woc in there & let Rian direct more dope films like Knives Out).

3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Do you... do you not get it? Or is this a joke?

4. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

No I got it.

Greg likes this.
  5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Cameron and coleslawed like this.
  6. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Lmao when? I didn’t even catch that

7. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I was just making a joke about how he dies at the same time as Leia but nobody really says anything

8. Greg

Darcy or whatever is saying what just happened and how their leadership including Akbar is gone, minus Leia who is healing. So Holdo is the clear leader.

that part

Leftandleaving likes this.
  9. Greg

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

The director's commentary version is on Disney+. I'm going to have to check that out. Apparently the score only version is there too, but I can't find it.

11. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

After The Rise of Skywalker - I only have more love for this movie and what Rian was trying to do with the franchise. Really wish he ended up directing the final film in this saga as well

12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Watching this right now. Guys, even if this movie was just 2.5 hours of ports it would be one of my favorite Star Wars’s.

Dodger likes this.
  13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Gimmie some of dat milk Luke

14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

New observation. When the FO first finds them through lightspeed, Poe is the the first one who makes the suggestion that they make another jump to run away. Whereas Leia is the one who actually puts two and two together. Another small detail that shows how Poe jumps to his first instinct.

Dodger and Ken like this.
    morgantayler, Cameron, Tim and 6 others like this.
  16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

scottlechowicz likes this.
  17. dlemert

Trusted

I think the score-only version has been taken down already. I tried finding it on the XB1 app and didn't have any luck.

18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'm finding different things are available based on the device I'm using. The directors commentary and a few more deleted scenes are up on desktop and iPad, but not Roku or iPhone. Strange.

19. Greg

Rewatching because I really need to rinse my brain from TROS.

30 minutes in and we haven’t been to 10 planets already.

coleslawed, Ken and Dodger like this.
  20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I watched the directors commentary the other night. Nice blend of Rian talking about the technical and story choices.

Dodger likes this.
  21. I should watch it then. I didn't watch or read any interviews at the time so missed lots of important talk from him. He seems so articulate and precise from the bits mentioned in the other thread. He just gets it.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Ken like this.
  22. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Rian is such an articulate filmmaker. I just watched Knives Out for the 4th time with his commentary and the dude is such a genius. Just the way he thinks about every little thing being interconnected with the action on screen: the set decorations, the lighting, the music--he makes sure it all reflects the action and theme of the scene. I love him so much.

23. BackyardHero11

Trusted

how'd you watch Knives Out with commentary?

24. WanderingSquall

I've yet to watch a director's commentary before, but decided to do so for TLJ and it was great. Really added a bit more depth and appreciation for this film. Hoping some more Star Wars movies do come from Johnson.

25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

first time watching since seeing tros. what can i even tell y’all