Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson, December 15, 2017) Movie • Page 366

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Waaaay passed trying to change folks mind on TLJ lol those debates are so not worth it

2. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

it’s by far the best Disney Star Wars movie

Cameron, coleslawed, Joe4th and 3 others like this.
  3. NitrateDawn

Regular

I should have said, “Very hard to get those people to even consider a different point of view.” Haha

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I wish I could say I’m baffled as to why so many people have such an intense and irrational hatred of this movie but I’m not lol. Not at all.

EASheartsVinyl and Joe4th like this.
  5. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Yall sound like a religious cult

Anthony_ and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  6. [​IMG]

coleslawed and Anthony_ like this.
  7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I find that outside of internet conversations, that most people I know liked it and the handful that don’t are the kind who they didn’t like how Luke was so disenfranchised, failed with Kylo, etc... Pretty much none of them are even close to the idiotic internet rage that this movie gets because that’s just the loud minority.

I absolutely love about half or 2/3 of it and the other part I think is boring and/or cheesy and prequel level. But it’s fine because the good stuff is so powerful and intriguing that I can get over the non interesting stuff.

beachdude and Dodger like this.
  8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

So excited to rewatch this tonight.

coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  9. Anthony_

Oh no does this mean I have to get one of those lame af bumper stickers that says “STAR WARS Is My Religion”? Dammit.

10. On binge mode they mentioned early scripts for empire had Vader and Luke force communicating similar to kylo and Rey in this. Wonder if that's where rian got the idea.

coleslawed likes this.
  11. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

This is The Last Jedi thread. You didn’t post any spoilers of any sort, but please be cautious of where you are positing for the next few days. I unsubscribed from the Rise thread for now for a reason. Don’t want anything slipping through in the other SW threads. Thanks!

Mrplum5089 and beachdude like this.
  12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Finally got to rewatch this. Still love it immensely. The sections with Rey & Luke on the island are perfect. I love the first lesson, it's a great extension of everything Yoda taught Luke in Empire. The force conversations are so damn brilliant. The Yoda scene plus Luke & Kylo on Crait are two of my favorite's in the entire franchise. The throne room battle and the Holdo Maneuver are just so freaking cool.

Maybe I'm just used to seeing it, but the Leia scene works for me. I had a blast on Canto Bight, I just love the setting and Finn's reactions to the glitz and glamor of it all are fantastic. I still Poe not knowing the plan is a non-issue. He was demoted and was told to follow her orders. He'd be let in on the plan when it was his time. It's not like he tells her his plan anyway. If it's odd that someone didn't know the plan it's Lt. Connix, since she was on the bridge the whole time but still joins the mutiny. Anyway, I'm still convinced Holdo doesn't have the plan until the transports for the medical ship come over to the Raddus unharmed.

If I were to change one thing, it's having the battering ram laser go off a little earlier after Rose saves Finn. It would help drive the point home that his suicide run was a lost cause and it just feels a little corny to have it come right as they kiss. That's just me being a little nitpicky though.

Anyway, this is definitely the best of the new Disney films. I love them all, but this one is the most interesting and it's strong emotional core just elevates it above all the others. Can't wait for Friday.

13. Anthony_

Be careful politely asking others to be cautious about spoilers on this site lol

Ken, Mrplum5089, Joe4th and 3 others like this.
  14. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Embargo lifted Wednesday?

15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Oh shut up, lol.

Anthony_ likes this.
  16. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

He deleted his post (I assume he didn’t intend it to be here in the first place) and “liked” my post. So this interaction went well haha

bodkins, Anthony_ and beachdude like this.
  17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m sorry for reading the GOT leaks and posting that I read them even if I didn’t write about them specifically at all. The other thread is now my payback for that.

coleslawed and beachdude like this.
  18. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah, it was an accident which I take responsibility for. Honestly should've been more careful... tbh I wasn't paying attention and forgot the TLJ thread had been bumped so recently and might be above the TROS thread. I'll be more mindful in the future.

Greg and Anthony_ like this.
  19. Anthony_

This isn't what I was talking about lol

It did, luckily

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  20. Anthony_

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I stand by it anyway! Lol!

Anthony_ likes this.
  22. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Also, I need to add that I love the moment and the look on Poe's face when he realizes the mission failed.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Anthony_ like this.
  23. Anthony_ Dec 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 16, 2019)
    Anthony_

The best moment is when Leia just straight-up blasts him, no questions asked. Such a well-earned bit of comeuppance.

Greg, aoftbsten and Dodger like this.
  24. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I was watching something last night and they were talking about how people hated Kelly Marie Tran's character and were being abusive online and stuff and my wife asked me why everybody hated her and I couldn't even answer it, I have no idea.

25. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I'll give you a hint. It starts with the letter "R".

Greg likes this.