Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson, December 15, 2017) Movie • Page 365

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

puttin this on again because it's the best

2. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I’ll be doing it early Thursday to pregame.

bodkins likes this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

basically why i'm watching it, as well as TFA a few days ago

Dodger likes this.
  4. Greg

I time my rewatches so the last movie is the morning of the new release. Tonight is Solo.

bodkins likes this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

enjoy man

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I’ve got Solo TFA and this left. I’m very excited to rewatch this. It’s been a year and half now.

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

rcn has episodes 1-7 plus rogue one free on demand for me

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

made it to the yoda scene and god i love that shit. i watched empire sometime earlier this year, and if i'm being honest, the luke/yoda interaction in tlj actually made empire a bit better for me

9. Greg

Serh likes this.
  10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The Yoda scene is easily my favorite part of TLJ. I enjoy it even more than the throne room and the scenes between Rey/Ben.

11. flask

Trusted Supporter

I think I teared up a bit at the yoda scene my first watch.

12. Greg

I saw TLJ 6 times in theaters. I cried at every screening but at different parts of the movie. This movie wrecked me. I adore it.

13. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Same. First watch i just teared up at the crawl and that’s it but other times I cried at
    -Yoda scene
    -R2 playing Leias message
    -Mark kissing Carrie and “Noones ever really gone”
    -Paige’s sacrifice
    -Luke/twin suns

14. Greg

All of those, for sure. And more I can’t recall.

Brother Beck likes this.
  15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

man what a movie

Brother Beck likes this.
  16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

future's gonna be kissing this movie's ass, whether it results in more awesome SW that TLJ laid specific groundwork for, or if all other star wars movies never measure up BECAUSE they ignored what RJ put together. it's gonna age beautifully

17. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yupp watched it again yesterday and it’s still incredible

Serh likes this.
  18. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

watched TFA for the first time since TLJ came out and it honestly felt drab in comparison.

coleslawed likes this.
  19. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Every aspect of Kylo and Rey in TLJ is 10/10 perfect. I have issues with a good amount of the other stuff going on in this movie but their interactions, new ideas of the force involving them, and his acting in particular are just astounding. I’d be fine if the whole movie was just them and nothing else.

20. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I've realized that my 3 favorite characters in it are Rey, Luke, & Rose.

I've been a defender of Rose & the thematic significance (& general fun) of the Canto Bight sequence, but I think this is the first time I realized I genuinely love every time she's on screen, even more than any Kylo moment that isn't also a Rey or Luke moment. Her theme is my favorite theme in the new films. What she represents for the Resistance is just so beautiful. I hate that she's been seemingly sidelined in The Rise of Skywalker, when she easily could be along for the adventure w/ the core trio. I just hope that, if this whole Disney+ gimmick of spinoffs continues, she'll get her due again, though if not, at least she gets to be the soul of the best Star Wars since Empire.

21. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Finally! I never see love for her theme. It’s beautiful.

Tim likes this.
  22. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Honestly, TLJ made me love TFA more since it thematically made Han’s arc more impactful. Really brought forward the idea of legacy impacting Han and his decisions, and forcing him to change

23. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

Absurd that anyone can think this is a bad movie, you are obviously allowed to not like it, but to think it's a bad movie blows my mind. Watched it three times this month lol

awakeohsleeper and Jason Tate like this.
  24. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I enjoyed parts of TLJ, but in terms of the saga, it only ranks above the prequels.

Kuri44 likes this.
  25. NitrateDawn

Regular

I know people like to say it’s just trolls on the internet who don’t like this movie, but it feels like I’m the only person I know in real life who doesn’t think this is the worst Star Wars movie, let alone thinks it’s one of the best ones. Had a conversation with a couple people whose complaints boiled down to “It’s not structured, plotted, and characterized exactly like the original trilogy”. While of course criticizing Force Awakens for doing exactly that. Pretty much impossible to change those people’s minds.

theagentcoma likes this.