Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson, December 15, 2017) Movie • Page 340

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Do carrier pigeons still exist? I feel like thats the only way Id be able to reach JJ and Ive got some good suggestions for Episode 9. Maybe have the pigeon carry the letter in a mystery box so he has to open it.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  2. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Lol. Did anyone else ever try and read that book S. That he put out with all the crazy notes and letters and the decoder? I tried and gave up halfway into it because I truly didn’t understand how I was supposed to be reading it.

3. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Just rewatched for the first time since theaters and it’s definitely better the second time around.

One thing that drives me crazy though is the choreography of the throne room fight. Just watch half the pretorian guards. Lots of busy movements with not a lot of attacking haha.

4. ship90

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]
    Same, Rey

And Bottleneck Gallery has screenprinted versions of those AMC posters if you feel like dropping $$$

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  5. dlemert

Trusted

I just finished the audiobook of this and it was great, but not necessarily essential as long as you've seen the deleted scenes from the movie. But there are a couple neat scenes in the book that aren't present in the movie in any way, shape or form.

beachdude42 and bradsonemanband like this.
  6. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I'd agree with this. Visually the scene is stunning, but the set-up of it feels kind of prequel-y in that it's so choreographed (duh, obviously) and you can see people waiting for their turn to come in.

Kyle Max likes this.
  7. Kuri44

Will be Coming to Netflix streaming next month, June 26

8. dlemert

Trusted

The throne room fight is maybe my favorite lightsaber scene of the entire franchise. I haven't looked closely for flaws, because I refuse to let anything ruin it for me.

9. dlemert

Trusted

Also I haven't really thought about it much until now but one thing I really appreciate about these sequels so far is that lightsabers in general are used pretty sparingly and they're not whipped out for literally every single reason like in the prequels.

10. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

UK too or just US?

11. Kuri44

I think it might just be US unfortunately, tried looking for Netflix UK June releases but couldn’t find any mention

12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I rewatched it recently and the scenes I liked, I like even more. The scene I hated, I hate even more.

Kuri44 likes this.
  13. lightning

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Dodger likes this.
  15. Dodger

Lol

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

this makes me sad

17. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Star Wars fans that take their hate of TLJ to crazy extremes like this are the worst. It's a freaking movie.

theagentcoma and Davjs like this.
  18. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

It's so frustrating that people can't just say "eh, didn't care for it" and move on with their life. They have to harass people and cry about "omg my childhood! You've ruined my childhood!" So dumb.

Dodger and Davjs like this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

Exactly. The more I think about the movie, the more I just straight up don't like it. That's fine. There are a billion other movies for me to watch, I don't feel the need to even complain on here, let alone harass an actor. Wtf is wrong with people.

aoftbsten and Dodger like this.
  20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I work with a dude who is STILL complaining about the movie. People take that shit too seriously

21. Dodger

They’ve been consumed by the dark side.

bobby_runs, St. Nate and Davjs like this.
  22. NitrateDawn Jun 6, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 6, 2018)
    NitrateDawn

Regular

I love this movie so much. I gave it a 3rd viewing yesterday and it's grown from having very mixed feelings on 1st viewing to now it being possibly my 2nd favorite Star Wars film. I wonder how many of the TLJ's haters ever gave it a second chance

theagentcoma and Dodger like this.
  23. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

it's quite easily the best Star Wars movie since 1983, maybe since 1980.

24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I'm still indifferent on it and no real desire to revisit it again but I'm not gonna get worked up over it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

25. Davjs

Trusted

I gave it a 2nd viewing once it came out on video with my Wife who wanted to see it as she liked TFA and Rouge One. It didn't make any of the bad choices any better IMO and I don't think anything will fix the issue I have of Disney not having a story planned out for the new trilogy since this rails against what TFA set up.

It is a really well shot movie with great acting and glad Rian got a chance to do a big movie, I've loved him since Brick. This movie just isn't for me.

Dodger likes this.