Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson, December 15, 2017) Movie • Page 323

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 14, 2016.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I say we wait until they start shooting... maybe lol

aoftbsten likes this.
  2. ship90

Trusted Supporter

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/02/jj-abrams-star-wars-last-jedi-women-1201929593/

“‘Star Wars’ is a big galaxy, and you can sort of find almost anything you want to in ‘Star Wars,'” he said. “If you are someone who feels threatened by women and needs to lash out against them, you can probably find an enemy in ‘Star Wars.’ You can probably look at the first movie that George [Lucas] did [‘Star Wars: A New Hope’] and say that Leia was too outspoken, or she was too tough. Anyone who wants to find a problem with anything can find the problem. The internet seems to be made for that.”

“We’re not asking to take away the male point of view or male artistry or male contribution,” he said. “We’re simply saying, ‘What is fair?’ I can see why people might get freaked out by it, but the people who are getting freaked out are the people who are accustomed to that privilege, and this is not oppression, this is about fairness.”

Dodger and theagentcoma like this.
  3. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I think I’m okay with the last Jedi being controversial from that standpoint so we can sift out these type of fans that complain about that shit.

aoftbsten likes this.
  4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

aoftbsten and ship90 like this.
  5. ship90

Trusted Supporter

Joe likes this.
  6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I’m not ready for the slew of terrible “think” pieces that come from this quote.

ship90 likes this.
  7. ship90

Trusted Supporter

teebs41 likes this.
  8. Dodger

9. dlemert

Trusted

That trailer is great.

I'm so excited to own this on Blu-ray, though I can definitely see myself watching the entire movie less than I watch individual scenes over and over (and boy are there plenty I can't wait to watch repeatedly).

10. Dodger

I’ve never been more excited for a home release. 20 minutes of deleted scenes to one of my favorite movies ever? A documentary? Yes please

11. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I’m fully aroused

GrantCloud, carrytheweird and Dodger like this.
  12. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

No idea why seeing a post that said “I’m fully aroused” made me instantly click to see what was happening.

But that’s just where I’m at right now.

13. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Picking up that Target version.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  14. ship90

Trusted Supporter

Dodger likes this.
  15. Dodger Feb 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 20, 2018)
    Dodger

6th time seeing it today. So I noticed this every time but not until did I really think about it. 3po tells Poe Holdo was looking for him and he says “yea we talked” This was after he called her a traitor and a coward and after he told her about his plan with rose and Finn and then threw the mutiny, but holdo was looking for him before that. She definitely decided to tell him after that outburst but then he told her his plan which jeapordized her mission, really fulfilling why she didn’t want to tell him anything in the first place, and then says to leave. Then he overthrows her.

My guess is in the book it’ll have what she was thinking about this situation. I can’t wait.

Also something I still don’t understand is why he blames his legend for his failure. He explains how he went to confront ben, ben turned and burned down the temple and killed his students. Then says “All because I was luke skywalker. A legend.” I get why he’s ashamed, but why of his legend.

Only thing I can think of is that he was so preoccupied by his legend and being the hero that when he had that moment in the hut that obligation to be the savior clouded his judgement. Idk. Anybody else have thoughts?

16. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I think he was caught up with the whole legend thing and it lead him to believe he could handle the darkness he had sensed in Ben. He thought he could handle whatever the darkness brought. He was Luke fucking Skywalker! He can do anything! But then he had a glimpse of what would come and realized how Out of control he was. He realized he couldn’t handle it.

Just some random thoughts.

Dodger likes this.
  17. Dodger

Ooo yea good point because he did say in my hubris I thought I could train him. Yeah I think that’s probably what was the intent.

Greg likes this.
  18. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I'm pretty stoked for the deleted scenes.

Off topic - but I need to pickup The Force Awakens novelization. I'm definitely picking up The Last Jedi one.

ship90 and Dodger like this.
  19. ship90

Trusted Supporter

Like “The Last Jedi,” Wood said the 2016 standalone film “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” is also Wilhelm-free. But all is not lost.

“We’ve started another scream that we like,” Wood told ABC News. “It’s actually been in this film and ‘Rogue One,’ and some other films that are not ‘Star Wars’-related. But it’s our own little calling card.”

Famous 'Wilhelm scream' goes silent in 'Star Wars' galaxy

20. Dodger

Yeah I actually saw it again today with a friend who hadn’t seen it yet. (7th time. Yes I’m aware I have a problem) and I think it may have been used twice. Once in the early battle with the heavier dude in the middle of saying “they’re everywh—-“ then when bb8 hotwires The AT-ST and is shooting troopers. Sounded like the same scream at least.

ship90 likes this.
  21. ship90

Trusted Supporter

I was listening to an episode of Full of Sith yesterday and one of the hosts has seen the film 19 times... so 7 isn’t too bad ha.

Target will have an exclusive 10” funko porg which I may need... and on iBooks there are sample chapters from the junior novelization if anyone is interested.

Dodger likes this.
  22. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I'm still stuck at 9 times. Need to get in the 10th before it's no longer in theaters.

Dodger likes this.
  23. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Honest question...Are 4K / Blu-(Rey) the same thing? Or are they different formats? I don't have a 4k Player yet but I am considering getting one for this release. Will the digital version have the bonus content? Does X-Box or PS4 play 4k movies? Please help!

24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I’m jealous of your amount of times. I just havent had the time to get past 3. I saw TFA 6 times and would have gone again if the digital didnt come out to quickly haha

25. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

4K is highe r res. You won’t notice unless you have a massive tv (bigger than 65”) or you sit really close to your tv.

You need a ps4 PRO or the Xbox oneX to play the 4K disc. Or an AppleTV 4K or Roku 4K or amazon fire 4K etc etc