Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson, December 15, 2017) Movie • Page 322

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 14, 2016.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

he does lol

2. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I'm ready to own this movie and apparently there's a rumor of a March 27th release date for the BluRay.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  3. dlemert

Trusted

I love Benicio and I actually liked his character in this but come on, how did they let that stutter get past the first couple takes before realizing it wasn't working and just telling him to drop it

4. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The stutter was probably the worst part of the film for me. I'm a big BDT fan so was surprised his part would be the most jarring bit. So I totally agree - not sure why they wanted that for the character.

5. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Makoto likes this.
  6. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

2nd highest $ ever yea very concerning

7. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Right? These articles are so interesting to me. Maybe it didn't perform as expected/anticipated/whatever, and maybe they are discussing 'Plan B,' but when people try to make it sound like a disaster...woof.

8. SteveLikesMusic

Just noticed the term “chrome dome” is also used in s3e1 Of clone wars referring to droid soldiers.

Dodger and aoftbsten like this.
  9. ship90

Trusted

An audience Q & A was held last night with Rian and you can watch the recorded stream on the IMAX Facebook page.

10. NitrateDawn

Regular

More on the score and possible references to the other Star Wars scores - I was listening a mix of all the Star Wars music and the end of "Passage Through the Planet Core" from Phantom Menace sounds almost exactly like "The Spark" from TLJ. Not sure if the motif shows up anywhere else in the prequels at the moment but I'll definitely be listening for it.

11. This pic was taken after the Q&A and I kind of love it.

ship90 and Dodger like this.
  12. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Ken likes this.
  13. Dodger Feb 2, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 2, 2018)
    Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

lol yea I emphatically rescind my comments about Rian Johnson being jaded. I feel stupid for even thinking that after watching this.Such a great interview. Really even love how Frosty made a point to tell the audience how usually they have publicists telling him when to stop and Rian didnt bring one and literally tries to answer every question and do anything possible to make fans happy. I love him so much. Hes actually becoming one of just my favorite people in general and legit inspires me. Frosty and Collider did a great job with this event.

I highly recommend fans of the movie to listen to the whole thing but interesting take aways for me:

- 23:15 The throne room scene kylo isnt just kneeling and waiting. His reactions are big and hes making decisions throughout that scene.

- 30:00The decision for reys parents to be nobody and the whole theme of being from nothing wasnt the main focus. It was more just the most difficult adversity for her to deal with and having to rely on herself

1:02:30 - Good stuff on his take on Luke and his arc and death and working with Mark.

- I knew the rose and DJ were the angel and devil on the shoulder of Finn (and im glad he used that analogy), but all of the leads had a devil and angel. Rey and Kylo and Luke. Poe and Leia and Holdo. He didnt say this but Kylo would be Snoke and Rey

1:07:30 - Love his description of Rey in the cave. He had that image really before he starting writing the story or anything. "Infinite line of possibilites of self"

1:13:30 - Favorite Carrie story is cute.

1:15 - really cute moment where they name the Porg that ends up on the Falcon. I know this its stupid, but I really hope that becomes his official name.

- 1:19 his favorite line (and one of mine) was written by Benecio. Benecio didnt like what Rian wrote when Finn tells him hes wrong and changed the line to a simple "maybe".

14. ship90

Trusted

Looks like there is one more version to preorder ha they always get ya!
    [​IMG]
    Target
    Best Buy
    Here’s one the UK steelbooks (also a 4K version)

Dodger likes this.
  15. SteveLikesMusic

Gonna throw it out there that BB9E doesn’t really deserve to be on the artwork he’s in it for what 5 seconds total ?

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  16. Dodger

True. According to Rian theres a really long sequence that was cut that he probably was apart of. He notices them, then probably pursues them and I think BB8 and him fight probably. Probably made the graphic for posters before the movie was finished which I think was in September.

Edit: but yeah. I agree

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

aoftbsten, Davjs and Dodger like this.
  19. Dodger

Lol so good. Of all the YouTube parody series, this is my favorite. Their anakin bit gets me every time.

Davjs likes this.
  20. Davjs

Trusted

So perfect.

21. It would feel uneven without him. Helps with the symmetry.

teebs41, SteveLikesMusic and Dodger like this.
  22. ship90

Trusted

Well some peeps at ECCC get their hands on the novelization this weekend so I would expect some interesting details to start appearing.

Edit: expected digital release is the week of March 14, before the physical release like always.

Also, doesn’t have to do w/8, but interesting nonetheless
    'Star Wars: Episode 9' Hires 'Blade Runner 2049' Art Director

SteveLikesMusic, aoftbsten and Dodger like this.
  23. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Does this mean it's getting about that time for an episode IX thread?

ship90 and Dodger like this.
  24. SteveLikesMusic

25. ship90

Trusted

Ikr? Like they haven’t even started shooting yet (and won’t until this summer), but I’m already pumped ha

Dodger likes this.