Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson, December 15, 2017) Movie • Page 321

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Video kind of answers this question that I asked in this thread recently. I assumed it was the will of the Force, but this makes sense too. hard to control the force when your focus is on a wound thats killing you.

Also a great point about the moment after the lightsaber split. I think it would've been cool to have Rey possibly thinking about killing Kylo while he was unconscious. Like after she finally realizes he wont turn she actually empathizes with Lukes initial reaction to kill Kylo. She grabs Kylos saber from the ground and looks at him. Looks at the saber. A few tears just from the ambivalence of the decision. Then puts it down and runs. Not only would it have been powerful, but it wouldve probably lessened the reaction from some of the fans reinforcing that idea that if you have the chance to end this, it might be worth it no matter what. Just like those fans she thought it was inconceivable Luke could do that, but once your in that situation where you literally have the power to end pain and suffering for the galaxy, its a whole different story.

Then maybe later she'll talk to Force ghost Luke and she tells him what happened and says she understands it now and asks him how can I beat him if I cant kill him (once again going back to Avatar). Even though its a story from Avatar, its definitely not a common one. I wouldnt mind to see it in Star Wars considering Pacifism is already a part of its legacy.

ship90 likes this.
  2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. Dodger

Lol I wish I could peak into that universe and see the resction. But i mean wouldn’t that just be Blade Runner then?

Of course that will be the headline and thing people point to in the article but I like that he exhausted every option and his description on why he chose what to do is the most important thing out of this and why its so good

4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

The different songs to the fight scene is making my day.

Dodger likes this.
  5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Don't know what to tell you, I liked it.

SteveLikesMusic and Davjs like this.
  6. Dodger

The Immigrant Song, Im Not Okay, Mr Brightside, Toxic, and the ABBA one ship90 posted are definitely my favorites.

7. ship90

Trusted Supporter

8. Makoto

Monafide bonafide

People would be outraged she isn't a flesh and blood woman and her great skill is derived from her being artificial.

9. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Dodger and Davjs like this.
  10. dlemert

Trusted

Guys the soundtrack to this movie is so good. Everything from "The Battle of Crait" to the end of the tracklist is pure gold.

teebs41 and Dodger like this.
  11. Dodger

Finally! Soundtrack talk! I personally love most of it. Any favorite tracks/moments?

teebs41 likes this.
  12. FlayedManOfSF Jan 29, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 29, 2018)
    FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I need to see this a tenth time before it leaves theaters.

Dodger likes this.
  13. SteveLikesMusic Jan 29, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 29, 2018)
    SteveLikesMusic

There’s totally some bits of “anakin vs obi wan” from Sith during the opening bombing run (escape) , which is awesome.

(6:15 of TLJ “‘main title and escape” vs: 0:35 of ROTS “anakin vs obi wan”)

Dodger likes this.
  14. NitrateDawn

Regular

Theres a cue that I believe plays a couple times that sounds a lot like a cue from Attack of the Clones, I believe it's in "Return to Tattooine". I can't tell if it's supposed to be the same theme or not but I think it's a strong possibility.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  15. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Did you listen to the 3-part Full of Sith podcasts on the Soundtrack? Bobby Roberts gives a killer breakdown. My favorite is on The Supremacy when you hear Leia's theme then the Force them on top of that. Just so beautiful.

Dodger likes this.
  16. SteveLikesMusic

Starting it now, thanks !!

17. Dodger

Nah but I remember it being posted so Ill try to find it. Ill probably listen at work tomorrow. Thanks!

Yeah the Heisman Leia is still weird for me visually but the music during that whole sequence is just perfect.

18. Dodger

Damn good ear. Definitely alike.

19. SteveLikesMusic

DJ has some of my favorite lines such as:

“If the price is right, I can break you into old man snoke’s boudoir”

And

“Blip-bloppity-bloop”

Dodger and aoftbsten like this.
  20. SteveLikesMusic

Also worth noting that the entire canto bight sequence is less than 12 minutes long, which is not much in a 2:30 movie.

...yes I have been timestamping the scene switches in this

Dodger, teebs41 and aoftbsten like this.
  21. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I love that so many early reviews said it was like 20-30 minutes of the movie. It never felt that long to me, but I didn’t bother timing it.

aoftbsten likes this.
  22. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Along with "Don't join" and "they blow you up today, you'll blow them up tomorrow".

SteveLikesMusic and Dodger like this.
  23. Dodger

I love all these but my two favorite were "good guys. bad guys. Made up words" and when Finn says "you're wrong" the simple "maybe".

24. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

"What's your story, Roundy?"

bodkins and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  25. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Does he say “let me learn you something big”? Because that’s what I heard and immediately thought gungan