Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams, December 17, 2015) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

bobby_runs and stnewton like this.
  2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

She's great. Can't imagine anyone else as Rey.

3. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

I really think she could become my favorite Star Wars character, if not #1 already.

4. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

shes my favorite character in any movie ever

5. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

Bold claim

6. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Why is that a bold claim?

7. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

There's a lot of movies and a lot of characters! I might feel the same way after Episodes 8 & 9.

9. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

My favorite scene ever may be when the lightsaber zips past Kylo Ren and into her hands. That was easiest the coolest moment I've ever experienced in a movie theater.

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  11. This movie + a few friends + a buy-one-get-one-free coupon from Papa John's = a really great Thursday night.

ChaseTx and Jacob Tender like this.
  12. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Kylo kills Han because he wants to embrace the dark side and let it own him. We see him struggle and feel the pull of the light. He knows he must do something evil to push him fully into the darkness. It has nothing to do with Rey. We see him searching for that act before he ever meets Rey.

Adding in the novelization info that Kylo and Snoke know about Vader's "weakness" in saving Luke, it makes sense that he would want to do the opposite and kill a family member. That is how he will finish what Vader started, by going further than he did.

13. Greg

There doesn't seem to be a commentary track coming out with this. That honestly really bums me out.

14. I'd argue that the "something evil" you speak of was finding and destroying the Resistance before Rey humiliated him.

15. Greg

Based on what? That's Hux's motivation, for sure. Hux is all about crushing that Resistance. Kylo is far more interested in finding Luke at all costs. Perhaps Luke was the initial target for his sacrifice to the darkness, but then Han walked right up to him. A willing sacrifice.

Still has nothing to do with Rey, btw.

16. cbow52

aka livethesounds Prestigious

I can see the argument where Rey's abilities raised the stakes for Kylo Ren. she "humiliates" him, sure, but it's not only that. She's a powerful force sensitive (and there's a chance he knows who she is) and now she's with his father. That adds a new layer to Kylo's issues. He's obviously struggling with the pull to the light side already, and I honestly believe he's not sure what to do when he and Han meet. That conclusion probably happens regardless, but Rey's involvement exacerbated things for sure.

Jacob Tender and stnewton like this.
  17. cbow52

Also, it's going to be hard to not break down and buy TFA digitally until Tuesday.

18. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

but its here

its tough to hold out buying digital when im getting the target blu rey on tuesday

19. cbow52

yea, and you get the digital version with the blu ray. Luckily i work this weekend. I'll probably just watch the OT for the next couple days.

20. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Eric Wilson likes this.
  22. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Edit: So close.

23. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Dang... Haha I just saw that article just a little while ago.

24. That moment when Rey closes her eyes and channels the Force before beating Kylo Ren...

bobby_runs and stnewton like this.
  25. Greg

I just finished the movie and all the bonus material.

The moment you said, when Finn and Poe meet and their joyous escape, the Falcon scene, literally every second with Rey (esp her opening scenes where she doesn't even need to talk and we learn so much about her), Han's private moment in the cockpit after they first board, Poe taking out like a dozen tie fighters in a row, Boyega's breathing, Kylo's tantrums and the stormtroopers who back off, to Rey stealing the saber from Kylo, to that final shot with Luke. I am leaving out so much. Like BB-8'd thumbs up! I fucking love this movie.

GooberSandwich, dpatrickguy and Snewt like this.