Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams, December 17, 2015) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Same honestly. And I hunt for them.

2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

It's also very irksome that none of the action figure packs with multiple characters include her. I wish I thought I couldn't find any Rey figures because they're being purchased so rapidly, but I think they just aren't being stocked

3. As the guy that goes to Walmart 3 times a week and often asks someone to open the restock boxes on the pallets in the aisle ways, I assure you they are not being stocked.

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah I hated star tours. I'm actually in the same boat as you. I hate fast rides/heights. Though I loved Hyper Space mountain.

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Though I hated Star Tours cuz it made me really nauseous. Which never is my problem with rides.

6. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Love both. Space Mtn is a must ride whenever I'm there (time permitting).

Cameron likes this.
  7. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

@Jacob Tender I listened to your podcast today, which sounds really great by the way. I think I'm stuck in the middle of you both, but tend to lean more towards your side. I do agree that if Rey is completely removed from the plot, Han Solo is more than likely still cruising around with Chewie and his Rathtar buddies, but that's mostly because without Rey, the domino effect that occurs wouldn't take place.

I go back and forth on this, but I'm not sure I'd say that Han meets the same fate if you remove Rey's sensitivity to the force. I think the biggest factor towards Kylo killing his father is definitely Rey overpowering him with the force, because that seems to trigger the biggest of all dominos. He knows that she has had zero training and he thinks of himself as a master already (or at least acts that way externally). Snoke then hammers home this embarrassment when he says "The scavenger... resisted YOU?!" and of course Hux waltzes in to point out Kylo's lack to quit dicking around with force mind reads and just grab the damn droid. I think at this point he realizes, or thinks, he needs to do something drastic to prove his allegiance to the dark side and Snoke.

But let's say Kylo gets Luke's location from Rey and skips happily to Snoke to discuss the plan to eliminate Luke and how he can get put on the fast track to complete his training. Finn swoops in and rescues Rey as Han and Chewie are planting explosives. Kylo, currently on cloud 9, runs into good ole dad on the bridge. What does he do? There's no way Han is going back to Leia without their son. I also think there's about a 0% chance that Kylo gives in and returns home. It's certainly an interesting topic and debate. I really enjoyed listening to you guys discuss it, I'm going to try and listen to some of your earlier episodes when I can. Well done, sir! (hopefully this was somewhat coherent)

Jacob Tender likes this.
  8. This is great. I'm going to circle back to this tomorrow. I'm not sure why I woke up and checked my Chorus notifications at 4am...

stnewton and Jason Tate like this.
  9. I showed this post to my cohost. Depsite this sentence, he's sure you agree with him. haha

I totally agree with this. Rey's Force awakening was a turning point for the story—hence the film's title.

Yea. Obviously he messed up big time with the droid. I find that Snoke's main objective isn't killing Luke, but to keep him out of the picture all-together. If he wanted to find Luke more than anything else, he would have surely sent forces off to the Resistances base. I think the First Order would have had a good chance of taking them out and capturing the map fragment (and probably R2-D2 for that matter) if that was his goal. Instead, Snoke is more like "blow it all up," which leads me to believe he just wants Luke to stay out of his way. Fear maybe? I haven't found a solid place to land on this one yet.

Anyway, yea. Kylo screwed up and knows it. The best course of action to show up Hux, show his commitment to Snoke, hurt Rey for his embarrassment, and take the big leap into the dark side is obviously to do what Luke couldn't—kill his papa. :kylo: :kylosaber: :han:

Totally. I agree with this wholeheartedly. Kylo was never going home with Han. He's conflicted, but determined. Plus that wouldn't make a very compelling story. I don't think that necessarily means that Han couldn't have scrapped his way out of confrontation to live another day though, even if that too would have been less compelling.

Thanks for listening and double thanks for the response. I love talking about this sort of thing. Star Wars has always lent itself to reading between the lines and filling in the gaps with conjecture. That's why I love it so damn much. It's more than the written story. :pondathumb:

stnewton and Jason Tate like this.
  10. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I may have to get the Kylo Ren jacket. It even has a cape. It's so ridiculous but I need it really when it comes down to it.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Really liked your entire post but definitely wanted to comment on this part, in particular. I believe fear is precisely the correct answer. I listen to a few Star Wars podcasts and that's where most of them land as well. It's safe to assume that Luke is, at this point, very powerful. He probably has abilities none of us have seen in any of the Star Wars movies. After seeing Kylo stop the blaster bolt in mid-air my mind is awash with the possibilities as far as application of the Force goes in these movies. With Rian Johnson coming on for Episode VII, I'm very excited for what he could come up with.

12. The further Disney goes with Star Wars, the weirder they are going to have to get for Force stuff to keep it new and interesting. That has to be hard and I too hope Johnson pulls it off.

I reckon Luke was pretty powerful at the time that his Jedi Academy fell and if Ach-To is actually the home to the first Jedi temple, he's probably much more attuned to the Force than maybe Snoke is aware of. I think maybe that's where his fear lies. We don't know if Snoke is Force-sensitive or, if he is, to what degree. I think Snoke might want to keep Luke out of the picture because of what he doesn't know. You know? Better not to know if it means conquering the galaxy uninterrupted.

13. FlayedManOfSF Mar 26, 2016
    (Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2016)
    FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I think it's safe to say that he's Force-sensitive because of the line about completing Kyle's training at the end. It will definitely be interesting to see where they go with it. I'd like to see him be someone we know but I feel like they're going to make him a random Senator or something. All of my theories have pretty much been blown out of the water by the story group at this point though.

14. I hold reservations mainly because there are examples of those with knowledge of the force without having force-ability themselves. Yupe Tashu for example. Can you think of any examples of Snoke's speech where he "senses" anything in Kylo, or does he just observe? That's what I'll be looking for in my next watch-through (probably this evening).

15. Yeah you do!

16. That'll make twice this week now. I love having it available for reference so readily.

17. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Kylo tells the Vader helmet that Snoke can sense the call to the light side in him.

18. Good recall. Apart from Rey, Snoke is the biggest mystery. I'm really looking forward to his backstory.

19. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Can't wait for unboxing videos to pop up on the bluray releases. This is a much harder decision that out should be, lol

20. I went for the Target pre-order the other day. Can't wait to get it. :bb8:

21. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I love steelbooks although the Best Buy one is my least favorite of the four covers

22. Date night scheduled for tonight! Can't wait to see this again!

Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 12.54.42 PM.png

And I'm wearing my shirt. :han: :chewbacca: :rey: :finn:

23. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

So many Rey's at WonderCon today. Lots of them younger girls as well

24. That's awesome.

25. God damn. I love this movie so much. It really is just everything I wanted and then so much more. I can't even describe how happy it makes me each and every time I watch it.

Tyler, Meerkat, Joe and 3 others like this.