Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams, December 17, 2015) Movie • Page 14

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

It felt like Star Wars to me.

But, like I said in the RO thread, it felt like reading an EU/Legends book. So it very much felt like SW, just not the traditional film kind.

Cameron and Zac Djamoos like this.
  2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

The city we meet cassian in reminded me a lot of the sith planet from knights of the old republic

3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I loved the whole concept of having a city built between two astroids.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

So cool

5. RIP Princess Leia...

6. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Well this ruined my already ruined mood.

7. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Just ordered her book, too. Sad face. However, let's remember how brilliant she was. This interview always makes me smile.

Ska Senanake likes this.
  8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Fuck. I thought she was going to be fine after they said she was in stable condition. RIP.

9. :leia:

RIP

10. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

This is the worst.

11. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

2016 is a motherfucker. Might as well be the order 66 of years.

t_papaccio and Ken like this.
  12. I'm happy with my hologram vinyl, but these are dope as hell.

I AM SHARK 180g press limited to 500 per design.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Damn, those are nice.I want those just as posters.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

They were actually released as posters at AMC IMAX locations during the film's run. One of the reasons I saw it so many times in the theater, ha.

aoftbsten likes this.
  15. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Holy moly , thanks for posting this! I just snagged the Rey one.

Joe likes this.
  16. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Watched this again today. Still so good.

18. Greg

I don’t remember. Did J.J. ever explain how Leia and Rey hugging each other makes any sense? They never met before and that’s the first thing they do. I guess they could feel each other’s pain of Han’s loss in the force. But was this ever addressed? I know the whole Chewie and Leia not hugging was addressed.

19. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I always took it as she knew how close Han and Leia were and couldn’t sense she was hurting.

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I always just assumed it was a force connection.

21. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Rewatching this right now and it's a much, much better movie than I remembered or gave it credit for. It's really fucking good. Definitely could have been much less derivative of ANH and made more creative story choices but I can honestly see playing it a tiny bit safe in that dept after dropping $4,000,000,000.00 on something. The one thing I can't really justify is doing the Death Star again again again but for me that's a small quibble.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Starkiller Base was such a mammoth weapon, that it should have been something they dragged into The Last Jedi at least; introducing it and then destroying it in one movie made it seem less of a threat than the Death Star, 1 and 2.

Brother Beck likes this.
  23. Greg

How is it less when all 3 are introduced and destroyed within one movie?

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

As a story element I'm more referring to; the Death Stars spread across the original trilogy of films, whereas we see this immensely more powerful weapon at the beginning of TFA, and then see it destroyed at the end, and that's that. I would have liked to have seen it brought into one more film. But then at that point it kind of would be following the stories of the original trilogy, so IDK, whatever

25. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Starkiller Base is multiple times more powerful than either Death Star. It's literally a weaponized planet. To dispatch it as easily as the two Death Stars lessens the impact. That and the fact that the fallout of multiple planets being blown up isn't addressed at all. It's one of TFA's weakest elements.