Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 78

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. ship90

Trusted

Me, whenever someone mentions Thrawn and Ep 9

[​IMG]

2. Thrawn coming back without Ezra would be weird since they went off together

loudasallgetout and bodkins like this.
  3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Thrawn is an amazing character. If it’s done right, I’d be cool with it. Ezra or no Ezra.

4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'd rather not see Thrawn in this trilogy. There are already enough interesting things you could do with FO leadership that have already been established like Kylo vs Hux, Kylo as a ruler overall, or the Knights of Ren. Thrawn's a great character, but there's not enough time for him.

5. I haven't been in this thread much, but are we expecting a teaser to drop within the next month so they can show it in front of Endgame? I assume that's what Disney would want from a marketing standpoint.

6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Expecting teaser and title at celebration in 3-4 weeks

ship90 and Joe like this.
  7. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I dont care really care about Hux at all

Knights of Ren is pretty much guaranteed the more I think about it and it should be dope

8. tvck

Trusted

Yeah Hux kind of sucks. If they can get Kylo to really embrace being dark (less brooding), and bring the Knights of Ren into the fold, I'll be giddy.

9. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

They could do something great with Hux in this one and really have him come into his own. Domnhall Gleeson is a great actor.

coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  10. Anthony_ Mar 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 20, 2019)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Still all in on the "Hux trying to stage a coup against Kylo" plot being a thing in this

aoftbsten and Dodger like this.
  11. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I’ve actually really like Hux and the archetype he represents. I’ve liked his role and performance in both movies (yes even the speech and all the yelling). But I don’t think I’d want his role any bigger than it is. He’s been painted in such a cartoonish and incompetent way that I don’t think I’d ever be able to look at him as a genuine threat. As I’ve said before if he stages a coup I’d like it to be early in the movie and Kylo quickly disposes of him. I’m hoping he’s the Count dooku in ROTS of this trilogy where he dies early and could definitely see an allusion to that with a beheading of Hux . I could also see a Knight of Ren doing it to establish the groups allegiance to Kylo.

If Hux’s mutiny is consistent storyline in the movie and they act like Hux has a chance to usurp Kylo I’d really dislike that. The Knights of Ren or somebody else will hopefully fill the role of the other bad guy under Kylo.

12. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

What if Hux joins the resistance...?

13. God I hope not. Stop redeeming mass murderers.

Greg likes this.
  14. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I think he's going to get a backbone in this movie.

15. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Hux never felt fleshed out or all that important anyways. I'd totally be fine with him being in as little as possible in IX.

16. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Yeah Hux is one of the few disappointments in this trilogy for me. Gleeson is great and I was really hoping he’d come into his own in the second movie

17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Gleeson is okay. He's never blown me away and I agree, I was hoping he would take a step up in this series and he's just fallen flat again.

18. I'm ready to fight anyone that says a bad word about Gleeson.

19. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't hate the man by any means, he's just never blown me away. He's one of those "just kinda there" actors to me.

20. What's it like to have never experienced the pure joy of About Time?

21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I've never heard of that one before, but I did a quick look at his filmography and have seen 10 or so of his different roles.

22. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Does this include people saying his first name wrong?

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  23. If it's followed with praise then it's ok.

[​IMG]

coleslawed and Greg like this.
  24. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Dude did great in his Black Mirror episode as well

Greg, teebs41, Joe4th and 3 others like this.
  25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

One of my favorite episodes.

theagentcoma and Anthony_ like this.