Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 77

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. GBlades

Trusted

It's a film lovers social network, right up my alley!

Dodger likes this.
  2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

That line just makes me laugh out loud every time. I couldn't fit Kaiser Permanente in the user name though. Like my chorus username, I am already regretting not going with something easy haha.

Also, yep, looks like you added me. Thanks! I followed back.

Dodger likes this.
  3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

FSM is the greatest comedy of all time

currytheword, Dodger and aoftbsten like this.
  4. GBlades

Trusted

So I've just signed up for Letterboxd: GBlades

Going to have a look whilst I'm still in work and try and update a few things.

aoftbsten and Dodger like this.
  5. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Hahaha I love that moment. Couldn’t figure out what KP meant

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

So many comedies either age poorly or the jokes get stale. FSM gets funnier every time I watch it. It's not just one of my favorite comedies, it's one of my favorite movies period.

Sean Murphy and Dodger like this.
  7. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Haha, this was my fear. Oh well, I'm just going to live with it haha.

Dodger likes this.
  8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Followed!

GBlades and Dodger like this.
  9. GBlades

Trusted

Doing a full rewatch! Does anyone watch in chronological order or release order?

10. GBlades Mar 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 16, 2019)
    GBlades

Trusted

Thanks very much, vootele to shitu soon 2

Edit: no idea what was supposed to say. Wrote it at 6am when I'd just woken up!

aoftbsten likes this.
  11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Preference is yours but i do 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6

coleslawed and emojedi like this.
  12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I think my rewatch before 9 is going to be RO, 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6, Solo, 7, 8

13. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Rewarched TLJ last night for the 4th time. It was the first time for my friend. She really enjoyed TFA but said this one was stupid... While there’s still some parts that I absolutely love, there’s just too much of it that really seemed like a chore to get through for the 4th time.

currytheword likes this.
  14. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

I think I'll always go chronological with my rewatches. So far 1, 2, 3, Solo, RO, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. We'll see how that changes once the Rian Johnson and Benioff/Weiss trilogies are available. I'll also probably always recommend release order to first time viewers.

Dodger likes this.
  15. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Aren't those trilogies going to be unrelated to the Skywalker Saga?

Dodger likes this.
  16. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, but I'll still like to do a full rewatch every so often.

17. GBlades

Trusted

Probably going to try and do chronological since the last time I watched it as release order.

18. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I’m sad that I don’t think I’ll ever be as hyped for a movie release as I was for Force Awakens, random thought I know

19. flask

Trusted Supporter

I feel the same way tbh. I like the trilogy so far. But the hype of the first Star Wars movie in a decade was insane.

currytheword and Mrplum5089 like this.
  20. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I felt insanely hyped for TLJ due to the cliffhanger ending of TFA. but not nearly as much for 9 due to how conclusive TLJ’s ending was in a lot of ways.

Dodger and Mrplum5089 like this.
  21. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Agreed. I hadnt even seen any Star Wars until late 2014/early 2015 (which is fucking crazy how long ago that feels because of how much Star Wars has consumed my life since lol) so I didnt even have that much hype or anticipation for TFA like most people did.

Rogue One had a lot of excitement for me, but TLJ was definitely my most anticipated/excited ive ever been for a movie. Episode 9 is definitely going to be wayyyyyy more though just because its the end of kind of two stories and Ive loved the first two in this trilogy so much.

22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I don't think my hype for ep 9 will ever reach the hype I had for ep 7. I was hyped because of not knowing the story at all and also the return of the original characters (Han, Luke and Leia). Ep 9 has a little hype because it's the end but that's about it.

23. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Unless the trailer is the greatest thing ever

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  24. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I would need like a Revan tease or something equally as impossible (Thrawn)

25. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Man I’d love if they brought it one of the extended universe or tv show/video game characters like Thrawn or Revan but it just would not work. Way too many Star Wars fans only know the movies. To have one of those other characters play a major role probably wouldn’t be great.