Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 57

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I totally get why people don’t want to go backwards especially since that question has been exhausted for three years of people speculating, but I personally really want it. If these characters are actually people no person would find out they were abandoned and wasted 15 or so years of their life waiting for people and find out and just be like...”oh okay cool, I don’t care anymore”. That’s fucking tragic. I’d want closure and I want her to get some closure since her past is such a big part of who is or isn’t. I’m not saying like it should be a huge plot line or a “her parents are actually tied to THESE PEOPLE!” just like something that’s addressed or a small scene of her standing over their grave.

Not to mention that from a thematic standpoint i think it’s relevant that she represents the light coming from such a dark past and shitty parents where Ben represents the dark and comes from a bloodline of the biggest heroes in the galaxy.

I interpreted literally since he said he “saw” who were parents were. And if not and he’s just guessing or even lying or something if I were her I’d want to make sure that’s true even more

2. After 9 I wonder if we will get books or comics to fill in the gaps for Luke between Jedi and TLJ

3. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I found the scenes in The Last Jedi when they were Force-talking or whatever is is officially called to be absolutely exhilarating. I remember leaning forward to the edge of my seat the first time it happened.

4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

100% is/was/will always be my favorite thing in The Last Jedi. Those astral projection scenes were incredible. One of my favorite things in the whole Star Wars saga.

beachdude and Brother Beck like this.
  5. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Astral Projection, thank you. I remember the giddy feeling washing over me as it dawned on me what I was seeing.

beachdude and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  6. Dodger

True idk what the offices name is. I do like ForceSkype but I don’t think that’s cannon lol On wiki it says “shared vision” which I don’t like.

Considering it technically is what Luke is doing on Crait as well, Rian did post on twitter showing how the concept comes from a legends book calling it “doppelgänger”.

I think I like Force Projection the most

Henry and Brother Beck like this.
  7. Everything on crait in TLJ is top tier star wars. Maybe in my top 3 star wars sequences.

beachdude, Dodger and Brother Beck like this.
  8. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

ForceSkype or GTFO

Henry, Aregala, beachdude and 2 others like this.
  9. Dodger

I’d extend that to everything on the Supremecy on personally. Snoke death, guard fight, Holdo maneuver are peak Star Wars moments for me

Brother Beck and spiffa0 like this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

went ahead and fixed that one for ya

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

wife is working a night shift tonight, might get some takeout and watch TFA & TLJ back to back to celebrate the day.

12. Dodger

Back to the picture I’m really digging Finns hair. Rey’s not sure yet. Was hoping for a newer look but it’s just a pic. Could be early in the movie. Could have new outfit

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

9 weeks from today is the Friday of celebration weekend, which is historically the feature film panel, which sees the release of a trailer. 9 weeks folks.

14. ship90

Trusted Supporter

822C1FEF-5002-4E70-B39A-13D206F37A9A.jpeg

John got a blaster as a wrap gift from KK :-O

beachdude and Dodger like this.
  15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

that's excellent

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Rey in the fighter helmet will never not make me smile

17. Dodger

That’s why she needs to go back to Jakku! She forgot her helmet!!!!

Sean Murphy likes this.
  18. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That magic bread and her chewing is perfect. Eating acting is so hard to pull off but she nailed it.

Dodger likes this.
  19. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

man I just got really sad at the thought of it all being over

20. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

teebs41 and Brother Beck like this.
  21. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Are we thinking this movie will have the longest run time? Out of the new trilogy this one appears to have taken the longest to film.

22. ship90

Trusted Supporter

The rumor is that the script is insanely long, so I’m thinking it’s strong possibility that it will have the longest run time.

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Script doesnt necessarily equate length though, TLJ was almost 3.5 hrs in footage. I would safely assume this hovers around the 2:20-2:30 running time.

beachdude likes this.
  24. Dodger

I could see that, but also could see anything 230-245 as well just because its the last one and we are just in a weird place in the trilogy where so much needs to happen.

25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Its not really a weird place though. The time jump really helps the story and i’m sure the opening crawl fills in a lot of what’s going on. The only thing that i think *needs* to happen is taking down the first order/kylo ren, which can be told well in a normally timed SW film. I think the confirmed rey costume change signifies what lukes black outfit signifies in Jedi, completed training. I doubt we see any rey training in this film.

I would really really love to see some serious interactions between kylo and force ghost luke. If i had to pick one thing to get from this.

coleslawed, beachdude and Dodger like this.