Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 56

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. That's Oscaar Isaac? Doesn't look like it from that angle.

teebs41 likes this.
  2. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Did you look at the leaked concept art? Because Isaac is definitely in costume.

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Poe is definitely in costume there. My assumption is that that's Jakku, but I'd doubt the reason they're there has anything to do with Rey's parents.

4. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I did not and and won’t be so thank you for using the spoiler tag!

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Also small detail but you can see what looks like Rey's staff in the picture as well so she's apparently still wielding that.

Dodger likes this.
  6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

wonder if next week they let the title slip now that we know filming is complete.

Dodger likes this.
  7. Dodger

Really? How come? What other reason do they have to go to Jakku? If I hadn’t seen my parents in 15 or so years and found out they were dead I’d visit their grave.

8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

What if it's called The Last Hope? That would be cool.

9. ship90

Trusted

This photo was definitely taken a few months ago and J.J. usually likes to film in order so I agree @Dodger

Dodger likes this.
  10. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

I think I'd prefer A Final Hope

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I mean there could be a multitude of reasons for them to return to Jakku, who knows what they’ve written for this. Also how are we speculating that someone has told Rey where her parents are and where they’re buried? Did I miss something? That seems like wild speculation even for this thread lol

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

idk personally i'm over anything having to do with rey's lineage/parents/who they are/where they are

if they put that in the story fine, but if they never mentioned another word of it i'm fine with that also

coleslawed, beachdude and Joe4th like this.
  13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

14. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

It's obviously so that Constable Zuvio can FINALLY make his debut.

Dodger likes this.
  15. Dodger

I’m going Zuvio Strikes Back.

HOLY SHiT we have a chance to see Zuvio again? Maybe he’s the main villain?! Maybe he’s Rey’s Cat daddy?!?!?!?

K Im done

16. Dodger

Kylo tells Rey her parents are buried in a paupers grave on Jakku

beachdude, bodkins and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That's such a great scene.

beachdude, theagentcoma and Dodger like this.
  18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I remember the scene, but I didn’t interpret that scene as Kylo knows the exact location and address of said grave, I also didn’t interpret it as kylo actually knowing with complete certainty that what he’s telling her is accurate or true. I took the scene as him saying “your parents were nobodys, they were drunks who sold you off and they’re probably buried in a mass or unmarked grave somewhere in the Jakku dessert.”

Idk man we can go back and forth on it forever lol i just think speculating that her poe and finn are on jakku to see her parents grave is a reach. there's so much more story to tell. idk why ppl seem to still be hung up on rey's past, when her present/future is so much more important.

19. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I didn't take that line literally either. I doubt he even knows. Them being nobodies might not even be true, who knows.

beachdude, Ken and Brother Beck like this.
  20. Argus

Yeah, I also took Kylo telling Rey that as little more than him telling her exactly what he thought she needed to hear in order to join him. It could still end up being true, of course, but I don't trust that he was telling her the truth.

oakhurst, beachdude and Ken like this.
  21. I hope we don't revisit Rey's parents but it's such an important theme throughout Star Wars. So who knows.

22. ship90

Trusted

Yeah I think if Rey goes back to Jakku, it’s on her own. The desert planet could easily be somewhere else.

23. Argus

Maybe Rey goes back to Jakku to pay Unkar Plutt for stealing the Falcon from him?

beachdude and Dodger like this.
  24. Dodger

Lol I know it was a reach that’s why I said “just for fun”.

25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I want Episode IX to be a two hour long, contemplative discussion around a dinner table or something between Kyle Ren and Rey weighing the pros and cons of each side of the force and whether or not it should continue. That would be so amazing.

coleslawed and Dodger like this.