Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 46

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah dooku prominently featured and no poe love on the poster is weird

maybe obi wan being on there is a hint that Ewan will be at celebration, possibly to discuss an obi-wan film?

speculation entirely, but would be cool.

2. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Unfortunately I don’t see Obi Wan happening for awhile. No reliable sources but have heard a lot of people who know the project was in development and then scrapped once Solo didn’t do well and the anthology/A Star Wars Story stuff put on hold.

beachdude and loudasallgetout like this.
  3. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I went last time in Orlando in 2017 and I'm going this year. I waited overnight in line for the 40th Anniversary panel and got to see John Williams conduct from 3 rows back. Also stood in line for the TLJ panel and Rian Johnson came out and walked thru most of the line meeting everyone then stood in a corner of the waiting area and signed things and took pictures for 3-4 hours. I met RJ and gushed over my love for Brick and he was the nicest dude ever. Really amazing time. Highly suggest going one year.

beachdude, Dodger, ship90 and 2 others like this.
  4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah youre probably right. I wonder how long theyll let the franchise breathe after ep9.

5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Rian's probably going to start writing his trilogy until after Knives Out is released. DB & Weiss are supposed to start work once the final season of GoT wraps up. Plus, Bob Iger has expressed that Star Wars films are better when they feel like an event (paraphrasing). My guess is that we don't get a new movie until at least 2021, but possibly later. The Mandalorian and the Cassian shows should tide me over until then. I'm totally okay with that.

beachdude, ship90 and Dodger like this.
  6. ship90

Trusted

Super fun fan art

7. Dodger

There were reports last March that Rian had already begun writing scripts for his trilogy. Obviously stopped to make Knives Out but I bet hes gotten a lot written out so far. Maybe the building blocks of it

aoftbsten likes this.
  8. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I think I might be more excited for RJ's trilogy Episode 9 tbh

beachdude, Joe4th and Dodger like this.
  9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'm so hyped for it. I love what he did in TLJ, but I feel like he can be even better when free to build his own story from scratch.

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I am hyped for all SW

beachdude, SEANoftheDEAD and Dodger like this.
  11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i think i am actually more excited for television SW than any movies post-EP9, to see what a more long-term, fleshed out story looks like in this universe. i never watched clone wars, so SW television is completely new to me.

beachdude, SEANoftheDEAD and Dodger like this.
  12. Dodger

Yeah Im hyped for episode 9, The Mandalorian, the end of Clone Wars, Benioff and Weiss' series, and RJ's trilogy but all for radically different reasons.

- Episode 9 because its the culmination of this trilogy and the saga films. Its in a spot where I have no idea how it will end and thats excited. And rooting for JJ to conclude the story he started and shut up the haters for his reputation to rehash and not finish strong
    - TCW for the culmination of one of my favorite shows. For Filoni to finish something that he never thought hed have a chance to end. To see Ashoka and Anakin again. For the Siege of Mandalore.
    - Mandalorian for live action Star Wars TV. its an extended movie almost. And to get more Mandalorian stuff. and Jon Favreua!
    - B & Weiss series for hopefully a look in an ancient era of the SW galaxy and bad-ass action and wars.
    - and Rian because he writes and creates with such a unique and purposeful vision. He writes not just to create a story but the story actually challenges me and tries to teach me something profound.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

what has caused backlash for him not being able to "finish strong"? what does this mean?

14. Dodger

Just with the whole mystery box thing of being able to pose questions to peak our curiousity but supposedly not answering those questions in satisfying ways. People use Lost and Star Trek for example. I don’t share the opinion and understand those two examples weren’t his fault. I just hear that a lot. I can’t wait for him to prove them wrong.

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Interesting

I've never seen a minute of anything Star Trek related so I cannot relate, but I don't think LOST was ever meant to answer all the questions it posed. That's what was so great about it and what makes it a lasting/legacy show. We will be talking about it forever, theories will never stop pouring in. People will re-watch it looking for answers and not getting any and then coming up with their own. Idk, i think it's a weak attack to somehow turn LOST (one of the GOAT shows) against him.

Also, in regard to star wars, I personally don't really have any *questions* i want answered. I am past wanting to know who Snoke was, I don't necessarily think it's important or pertinent anymore, we know Rey's story enough to consider it case closed (in my opinion)...maybe I want to see a little more clarity on the Knights of Ren, and possibly get a better grasp of Finn's past. But, if we got neither of those, I wouldn't be like JJ FAILED ME AND CAN'T CLOSE A STORY.

beachdude and Dodger like this.
  16. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

GIVE ME A GOD DAMN TITLE TO OBSESS OVER

beachdude, Ken, ship90 and 3 others like this.
  17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm glad they didn't answer most things with Lost. The mystery is a big part of the appeal and the message of the show has nothing to do with whatever answers they would've come up with.

18. Dodger

I usually love conclusion that allow me to interpret it in my own way so I probably should watch Lost.

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I think the actual ending of lost is finite, and not really up for interpretation, but so much of what gets them there is and thats what makes it so good and lasting.

beachdude, coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  20. The mystery box wasn't the problem in Lost, moreso the tonal shifts, and some character arcs and twists that were wasted and unnecessary. S6 in particular is a mess, but the finale redeems it a little.

21. Pseudo!

Regular

Yeah I always hear complaints about Lost not answering enough questions and the finale being awful, but I think they answered most of the questions, I just always thought that the real problem was that the answers they gave felt smaller than the mystery and build up behind them, and the finale was good, it was just the entire final season that felt small and anticlimactic after the build up of the first 5 seasons

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  22. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I've never watched Lost despite all of the great things I've heard about it. It's just a bit intimidating to start a show with over 100 eps at an hour a piece in which I hear the payoff isn't that great.

23. GBlades

Trusted

LOST was/is my favourite tv show of all time.

24. Pseudo!

Regular

The payoff may not be perfect, but id say the journey is worth it. I think the first 5 seasons are great and the final season has some great moments, it felt slow and anticlimactic when I first watched it live, but its not as bad when binged

beachdude, RJ Knorr and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s not perfect but it’s defintely worth watching. I’ve been thinking about doing another run through soon.