Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 44

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i'm confident they will use her footage well and make it feel completely natural. Leia's presence in the film/how it's handled is probably one of the things i'm least concerned about.

Dodger likes this.
  2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

it is cool to hear some kind of confirmation that it seems we will still see plenty of her

Dodger likes this.
  3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

if the trailer for Ep9 does indeed drop on the Friday of SWC as it did for TLJ, 14 weeks from today at right around this time we will have footage.

kinda hype.

ship90, Dodger, Ken and 1 other person like this.
  4. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I can't explain it any other way. I realize its kind of a BS term, but "the magic" is never really a concrete thing when it comes to describing art that you connect with on that deep, emotional level. To shed a little bit of light, I have a lot of major, major problems with all 3 of the prequel trilogy films - but they always did feel like Star Wars while I was watching them.

The biggest other example I can think of where I have a similar emotional attachment would be Indiana Jones. I honestly love all 3 of the original Indiana Jones films equally, but Crystal Skull did not feel like an actual Indiana Jones film to me despite being directed by Steven Spielberg and produced by George Lucas and having starred Harrison Ford in the title role. With that one I do think a huge factor for me was the digital cinematography versus the absolutely glorious and sumptuous old school imagery laid down on celluloid by Douglas Slocombe, but that was not the only factor.

Dodger and aoftbsten like this.
  5. Dodger Jan 10, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 10, 2019)
    Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

An episode 9 name popped in my head. Shadows of the Past. Ambiguous. Can refer to FO being a shadow of Empire. Kylo being a shadow of Vader. Knights of Ren being shadows of Luke’s Academy. Going back to what me and @aoftbsten we’re talking about with these reoccurring cycles of problems not being fixed and fester into new evils because they are ignoring the root of the problem which would be the thematic center.

Also could refer to Rey’s past. Could refer to Han and how Kylo feels.

Idk. Sounds more like a name for the middle part of a trilogy. I liked it at first but more i think about it and say it out loud it sounds lame.

nevermind lol

coleslawed likes this.
  6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I like the themes conveyed in that title, but I think it'll end up being something with bit more finality to it.

Dodger likes this.
  7. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

I've always thought they would go with Balance of the Force.

Speaking of titles though, we should be getting it between now and mid-February.

aoftbsten likes this.
  8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I like Balance of the Force. It kind of plays on the last title for the previous two trilogies as well (the sith had their turn, then the jedi, now it's time for balance.

9. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Not to mention it has been a theme talked about throughout the saga.

aoftbsten likes this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

My guess is this or next monday. TLJ came on a monday mid/end january. If they follow the same lead.

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

But TLJ was done filming for months at that point, we could get the title on filming wrap day which would be sometime in feb.

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Gotta be a big battle scene and i neeeeeed to knowwwwwwwwww

13. Dodger

upload_2019-1-15_20-27-47.gif

14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Someone leak Rey's lightsaber please.

15. Dodger

Don’t you dare!

coleslawed likes this.
  16. ship90

Trusted Supporter

Took a slight SW break and now I’m itiching for some 9 details! Can’t wait for Celebration and then the Vanity Fair spread ahh

Bob Iger is going to have one of his infamous shareholder calls on Feb 5, so maybe we will get a title reveal around then?

Also, one of the more popular fan theories regarding the Skywalker saber is that it will be cracking like Kylo’s, definitely a possibility. Would love for Rey to forge her own saber as well! Would be a fun reveal.

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I'd be comfortable betting that we are less than a month away from the title reveal. Every day around 10-11am I log in to look for it lol

ship90 likes this.
  18. Dodger

I’m going to say next Tuesday.

19. ship90

Trusted Supporter

The ol’ vhs look

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I like this guess. TLJ reveal was monday 1/23/17, and the monday of next week is a holiday so maybe not a great day to drop it.

Dodger likes this.
  21. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

ship90 likes this.
  22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

23. Dodger

You couldn’t pay me to click on that link.

24. Dodger

Also Lucasfilm stepped in and told that company to take down their claim

aoftbsten likes this.
  25. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Nahhh 4:3 can go straight to hell haha