Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 42

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Dodger Jan 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 1, 2019)
    Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Thats basically mine minus VII, and VII. Id say VI would be that but emphasizing Luke throwing the lightsaber and saying "you failed your highness. Im a Jedi like my father before me." which cliche as it is IS probably my favorite SW moment ever.

aoftbsten likes this.
  2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I - Darth Maul fight
    II - Geonosis fight, Yoda fight
    III - Windu fight, Order 66, Ani-kan/Obi-wan fight, Yoda/Palaptine fight
    IV - Luke on tattooine, Luke/Han saving Leia on Death Star
    V - Hoth, Yoda training Luke, Cloud City, Luke vs Vader
    VI - Luke rescuing Han, Luke vs Vader/Emporer
    VII - Kylo Ren intro, Rey intro, Han/Finn rescuing Rey, Kylo kills Han, Rey vs Kylo
    VII - Rey/Ben force, Yoda scene, Throne room

3. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I - Jar-Jar steps in poop on Tatooine
    II - the stellar performance from the actor playing a young Boba Fett
    III - when Vader kills the younglings
    IV - "They came from behind"
    V - when Lobot wakes up
    VI - when those two Ewoks get shot at and one dies and doesn't get up and the other one gets sad. Either that or the band performance at Jabba's Palace, special edition version tho
    VII - Rathtars duh
    VIII - when Maz is playing Call of Duty

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I - Kenobi/Qui-Gon/Maul fight
    II - Kenobi/Jango fight
    III - Windu/Palptine fight
    IV - entire Cantina scene
    V - Vader/Luke fight
    VI - Sarlacc pit fight
    VII - Han/Kylo confrontation
    VIII - Rey/Kylo/Snoke’s Guards fight

5. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

I - Duel of the Fates
    II - Tusken Raider camp
    III - Anakin's immolation
    IV - Mos Eisley Cantina
    V - "That is why you fail."
    VI - Vader Saves Luke (probably my favorite movie moment ever)
    VII - Rey vs. Kylo on Starkiller Base
    VIII - Honestly, anything involving Luke from the Yoda scene forward. (I will never forget the "oh shit!" my brother let out in the theater when it cut to Luke levitating on Ahch-To. So perfect.)

aoftbsten and Dodger like this.
  6. Dodger

Man the Windu Palpatine fight is one of my least favorite moments. Cool you dig it though.

Love reading others favorite moments.

Connor likes this.
  7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I dig it because I really like Windu and it’s when Anakin makes his final decision.

Connor, David Parke and Dodger like this.
  8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

My favorite part of the prequel trilogy is the whole Duel of the Fates sequence.

I think for A New Hope, the whole first act is the highlight. I love the way the editor paced it, with each character reveal happening at just the right time in just the right way. That Leia rescue & following hallway battle is also really good.

I've got no idea what to say for Empire. It's just a really tight, flawless film. Everything with Yoda or Vader is especially great because it's a great extension of ANH.

Even though the flow of Return is weird to me, each individual part in isolation ranks high for me, too. The whole first act, especially Luke's reintroduction & Leia killing Jabba, rules. Luke & Vader are also great, as is the final celebration.

For Force Awakens, I probably like everything with Rey before she's pulled into the bigger story the most.

For Last Jedi, I love Luke & Yoda's scene together. That and everything with Luke talking to Leia, confronting Kylo, revealing the projection, & dying looking towards the suns is perfection. Honorable mention to final scene w/ the slave boy.

Talking about the third act of Rogue One, especially Vader, is obvious, but not untrue. I also love the opening flashback sequence.

I personally thought Solo was terribly forgettable, but the one sequence that sticks w/ me is Han struggling at war, and then meeting Chewie.

9. Crait is my favorite thing in the new movies even though I like TFA the most overall.

David Parke and Dodger like this.
  10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Leia killing Jabba in ROTJ is a good call. The Luke/Vader stuff is just too good though.

I may need to switch up TFA answer to Kylo telling Rey that she needs a teacher and then her realizing it's the force that's been helping her all along.

I'm also thinking Luke's Binary Sun send off in TLJ might actually be my favorite moment there. Or the Force-time scene where Rey calls Kylo a monster. Or Kylo's plea for Rey to join him (every moment between Rey & Kylo in these movies has been so damn good).

Han meeting Chewie was a really fun moment, I need to watch Solo again.

Dodger likes this.
  11. Dodger

Luke entering Jabbas palace is also a great moment

theagentcoma likes this.
  12. currytheword Jan 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 2, 2019)
    currytheword

Trusted

I'm loving these lists.

The Phantom Menace: Duel of the Fates
    Attack of the Clones: Mace Windu in action/Ambush on the Droids
    Clone Wars: Darth Maul's return
    Revenge of the Sith: Anakin's defeat / Him turning into Vader
    Solo: Everything Woody Harrelson
    Rogue One: The entire last act is so good.
    A New Hope: The Rebels destroying the Deathstar
    The Empire Strikes Back: "No, I am your father."
    Return Of The Jedi: Luke vs Vader pt. 2
    The Force Awakens: Kylo's introduction scene / Kylo vs Rey
    The Last Jedi: Rey and Kylo vs the Guards / Admiral Holdo Kamikaze

loudasallgetout, Dodger and aoftbsten like this.
  13. aoftbsten Jan 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 2, 2019)
    aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Oh man, good call on adding Clone Wars.

Clone Wars: Ahsoka's farewell
    Rebels: Tie between the "I won't leave you" in the Ahsoka/Vader duel and the Obi-Wan/Maul faceoff .

Dodger likes this.
  14. Dodger

Yup just like your other favs those are mine as well.

Although now that I think about it Kanan’s death is def my fav moment of Rebels. No moment in Star Wars made me cry more. I was a fuckin wreck during that

aoftbsten likes this.
  15. currytheword

Trusted

I haven't watched Rebels yet :tear:

16. Dodger

Def has its ups and downs and took awhile for me to fall in love with but has some of the best moments in Star Wars imo. Recommend

Connor, aoftbsten and currytheword like this.
  17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Shit, I edited my post to include spoilers for both shows since I'm sure there's plenty of people in here who want to watch them but haven't gotten around it.

18. I rewatched Clone Wars last year and made notes of my favorite things while watching. Other than Ahsoka being the best addition to the Star Wars Universe...

Geonosis arc
    Mandalore arc
    Nightsisters/Savage
    Mortis
    Citadel
    General Krell
    Everything Darth Maul
    Younglings / crystals

Dodger likes this.
  19. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Luke finding his Aunt and Uncle dead and the look of anger on his face is probably my favorite moment in A New Hope. That combined with the John Williams score, it's just so powerful.

ship90, David Parke and Dodger like this.
  20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

That moment definitely had me emotional too, but from the start of it, I feel like I knew what was gonna happen. Similar to the writing on the wall when Han confronts Kylo. Amazing nonetheless.

I absolutely love how weird the end of the show got with the wolves/world between world, etc.

21. Dodger

Yea it was predictable but just how it was done was so perfect. The music. The eyes. Visuals. It was way more satisfying than Hans death was for me.

Agreed. World between worlds blew my mind. I’d love to see that combined with the Morris stuff explored further. Maybe in whatever happens with Ashoka/Sabine.

aoftbsten likes this.
  22. currytheword

Trusted

Call me naive, but I dodged TFA spoilers and didn't see Han dying until the room went dark on Kylo's face about 5 seconds before. I had felt like the movie was building him up to turn by the end, and Snoke would be the main bad guy for the remainder of the trilogy. Obviously was very, very wrong.

Dodger, aoftbsten and loudasallgetout like this.
  23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

this thread desperately needs Episode 9 info to break lol

DrAlanGrant and smowashere like this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

also to say TFA had none or little to no memorable or powerful moments is craaaaaazy talk

David Parke and currytheword like this.
  25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I am very much itching for a title at least. Hopefully, it comes soon.