Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 40

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Yikes, no way I could wait that long, wade through so much crap, before getting to Last Jedi, lol. I'd much sooner go right from OT into this new trilogy.

2. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Did I mention im making them do all of this in one weekend?

coleslawed, David Parke and aoftbsten like this.
  3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah 4-9 should absolutely be the indoctrination because, if they aren't super into those, there is so little chance of success in showing them much else.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. BackyardHero11

Trusted

ahh I like that

5. Dodger

I feel like I’d want to give them the chance to like the prequels though. I also feel like giving them the contrast to see what less good movies feel like so it will make them appreciate the other stuff more

6. Dodger

Well if they don’t like 4-6 to start, then they aren’t my kids.

David Parke and aoftbsten like this.
  7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Doctor: would you like to know the sex?

"I'd rather know what their stance is on Ewoks and whether they consider gungans good or not."

8. Dodger

Guys I have a topic we can talk about that might be the most important conversation that we havent talked about yet.

Will JJ redeem himself and his most egregious oversight in the force awakens by including Constable Zuvio in episode 9?
    [​IMG]

9. Dodger Dec 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 20, 2018)
    Dodger

Fanfiction:

considering Zuvio is a police officer of sorts at Nima outpost, how cool would it have been if instead of the wrathtar scene we got, if Zuvio and other officers came aboard Hans freighter to apprehend Rey,BB8, and Finn for stealing the Falcon.

Since Kanjiklub and the Guavian Death Gang were trying to get Rey,Finn, and the droid as well to bring them to the first order, maybe Zuvio and the officers successfully captured them. Then Kanjiclub and the GDG tried to steal them. Basically meaning Constable Zuvio who looks like an agile badass fighter has to have a huge martial arts melee fight with the cast of the Raid.

then in that fight while they are distracted maybe our heroes escape, unleash the Wrathtars on the enemies and escape.

Me right now:
    https://i.giphy.com/media/9Jcw5pUQlgQLe5NonJ/giphy.webp

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Constable Zuvio is actually Snoke and the guy who was killed in TLJ was Constable Zuvio.

David Parke and Dodger like this.
  11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

If my future children don't like Star Wars I'll be so heartbroken.

David Parke and Dodger like this.
  12. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Even worse, they like Star Wars but only the prequels

currytheword and David Parke like this.
  13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

David Parke and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I know someone who only likes the prequels and his favorite is Ep II. Dark times

David Parke likes this.
  15. Dodger

At what age did they suffer their brain injury?

David Parke likes this.
  16. I hope my boi Therm Scissorpunch makes a cameo in IX

Connor and Tim like this.
  17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The moment he was born. His problem is that he watched the PT first and then he couldn’t get through the OT because they were too old.

18. Dodger

"Sissorpunch and Zuvio" buddy-cop film. Who says no?

19. So funny that these posts came in because I came in here to post about how excited about Star Wars my son is. We inherited the Darth Vader and son book when he was a baby and, while he loves it and I love that he loves it, it is very much about Luke and Darth Vader. So I have since taken the book away even though his grandmother doesn’t understand why. I turned to her the other day when I was showing my son a new Hope (he’s three so really he just cares about Darth Vader and storm troopers) and I told her that she could never tell my son about “Luke’s father” and that it meant more to me than Santa Claus. She laughed at me, which kind of triggered me a little bit LOL

Also, my plan is to show the machete order

BackyardHero11, Dodger and aoftbsten like this.
  20. ship90

Trusted Supporter

I know I have shared this video before but if you haven’t checked it out yet, you should! It’s a fantastic fan edit.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Empire magazine revealed that episode 9 takes place one year after TLJ

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i was expecting longer but i am glad that there is a confirmed time jump and the story has a little room to breathe

23. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

My daughter is a big fan of The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, but doesn’t care much for the other ones...yet. She considers those hers since they’ve come out during her lifetime and she even got to see them both in the theater. She’s 7, and gets excited every time she hears the words Star Wars, and I’m 100% proud of that.

24. ship90

Trusted Supporter

Another great video, it’s long but worth a watch

that spoiler in Empire is weird because it’s not a direct quote. The time gap was leaked from the person who also leaked Kylo’s helmet and few other things... wonder if John actually did confirm it or not, just weird to print that around the same time that specific leak has come out

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I hope it’s true. I don’t want this entire trilogy to take place over 5 days.