Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 38

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Theres no indication that this is even SW related but ima post it

ship90 likes this.
  2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

The first time I watched it in theaters, I almost had a panic attack at the end because I knew Vader was gonna show up and wreck shit

lol this reminds me of the Family Guy version of Empire when Peter (as Han) is about to go down into the carbon freezing thing:

Leia: "I love you."

Han: "Fuck off."

I broke my nose just watching that scene tbh

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

3 years ago today i saw TFA on the thursday night opener. It doesn’t feel like its only been 3 years since SW roared back into our lives, but thats probably because i feel like TLJ drama aged me like 10 years.

4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

No new Star Wars this Christmas is killing me. My hype for episode nine is going to be sky high.

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Wednesday will mark the "one year until" the Thursday night premier for EP9. we're gonna be in the roll out before we know it.

6. dlemert

Trusted

I'm really wanting to do a Star Wars rewatch to fill the void this year. Though with 10 movies now it's getting tougher and tougher to make a weekend of it haha. Maybe I'll just ax all 5 prequels since those are all my least favorites anyway.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I'll definitely do a main-saga re-watch before episode 9, whether i make RO or Solo part of it probably depends on timing.

coleslawed likes this.
  8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'm 100% planning a Skywalker Saga rewatch before nine comes out. I might throw RO and Solo into that, but I'm not sure. Maybe I'll replace the prequels with those.

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

RO would get in probably over Solo just bc Solo is not really important or relevant to any of the main movies.

10. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Last year, I went from Rogue One to A New Hope, and it was such a weird tonal shift, lol. If I did a large-scale Star Wars watch, I'd do it again. But, going from a mostly grounded war film to something that so fully embraces & celebrates pulp fantasy is a sharp contrast.

When I do a rewatch before IX, I'll do this:
    • Rogue One
    • A New Hope
    • Empire Strikes Back
    • Clone Wars (original miniseries)
    • Return of the Jedi
    • The Force Awakens
    • The Last Jedi

Tonal tension aside, I really dig this narrative flow. I like the concept of "Machete Order" but find the prequel trilogy unwatchable, thus the Clone Wars inclusion. It's cool going through the whole Rogue One and that opening stretch of A New Hope before getting to Luke. And, it's cool getting the snapshot of Anakin (on a character, not plot, level) between Empire & Return.

(Obviously, the original trilogy is theatrical versions, lol. I actually have that last DVD release of 'em, & even though it's a bad transfer w/ those obnoxious black bars instead of real widescreen picture... I weirdly like it more than that impressive Despecialized Edition project. *shrug*)

Oh, and without rehashing why I don't like it (I'm happy for those of you who do)... I don't like how Solo fits narratively in that flow. I want Han's New Hope intro & no flashback.

aspeedomodel and coleslawed like this.
  11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Depending on what is revealed before IX, I’ll only watch RO and IV - VIII. If IX has throwbacks to the prequels due to it ending the Skywalker saga, and Disney let’s the audience aware of this pre-release, I’ll watch those as well.

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

if episode 9 could not spend any time throwing anything back to the prequels, that would be great.

13. dlemert

Trusted

Yeah I get that the prequels are irrevocably a part of the SW cannon, but I'm totally cool with the extremely minimal way the sequels have referenced those movies. Personally I'm glad we've moved past Vader, pretty sure I will audibly cringe if they bring Hayden Christensen back or something like that.

Let the past die.

14. Can't believe it has already been three years since The Force Awakens. The Friday night opener was one of the best days of my entire life, for real. It's only as the "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" crawl appeared that I realized how much I had missed Star Wars, and how much it had shaped me as kid growing up during the Prequels. These 135 mins never felt so short. I'm so happy we're witnessing a third generation of this franchise with more success than ever. I don't know about having children yet, but I'd love to be a part of future nieces and nephews' first showings of let's say... Star Wars Episode XV or whatever will be released then. This universe is so vast that I hope it never goes away for this long again.

ship90 likes this.
  15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Bringing back Hayden Christensen is the one prequel thing that I actually specifically really want them to do. :pantherworried:

The prequels are poo that ain't worth revisiting. But, not Hayden's fault he had crap to work with. And, an Anakin Force Ghost would be perfect for this chapter.

coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Idk where the “rumors” are stemming from but twitter is buzzing that we may be getting something tomorrow or thursday. Take it with a grain of crait salt.

aoftbsten and Dodger like this.
  17. dlemert

Trusted

Are they even finished shooting yet? I didn't think they would have wrapped up and have enough material ready to cut a trailer this early.

Unless it's the title reveal. Whatever it is, bring it on.

18. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

they started August 1st I think. 4 and a half months so they have to be at least close to being done with principal photography. And I think they could definitely piece together something like they did for the first TFA teaser.

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I don’t actually think we are getting anything today but it has been pretty widely reported that there are several trailer companies now working on something so if the question is “is there even enough footage” the answer is yes, when we see it is an entirely different story.

20. dlemert

Trusted

It looks like principal photography for the previous 2 films lasted roughly 5.5 to 7 months respectively.

The first teaser for TFA premiered the same month as principal photography ended, while the first teaser for TLJ premiered about 9 months after principal photography ended.

Dodger likes this.
  21. dlemert

Trusted

I predict we get a title within the next few weeks. Then a teaser in maybe January or February. The full trailer is going to HAVE to drop either at Celebration or in front of Avengers.

And then Disney is going to market the absolute shit out of this thing from April to December.

22. Kuri44

23. dlemert

Trusted

good god that website is a mess

coleslawed, Jason Tate and Kuri44 like this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lol hellboy more anticipated than star wars alrighty

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. lol what a clickbait title you get none of my clicks NONE