Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 34

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

There's really not been a great place to put the Knights of Ren in these films' stories anyways. TLJ especially. Just wouldn't have fit. With IX being the end of this story, it's probably got a lot more room to utilize the Knights.

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

after seeing the last 2 films, i always half expected EP9 to be called The Knights of Ren, i think it could be Kylo's last ditch effort to stop/kill Rey and end the jedi/resistance, by enlisting their help. Above posts are right, there has been absolutely no room to properly utilize/formally introduce what could be a really great arc of characters, it would have felt wasteful for them to try and cram it into TLJ, and i think the tease we got in TFA was good enough.

3. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I think they'll go with something like "A New Order" or "The New Order" as the title. It's succinct, sounds Star Wars enough, and also happens to have been something Kylo said in TLJ, which was itself a quote from TFA. Not to mention that most of the potential plot points will result in some sort of new order in the galaxy, whether it's a resurgent Resistance, an amalgamation of dark and light side force users into one group, or something else.

ship90 likes this.
  4. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Nah, the title will definitely be Balance of the Force.

5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Star Wars IX: The Ancient Fear

6. ship90 Dec 5, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 5, 2018)
    ship90

Trusted Supporter

Snoke had his praetorian guards—would make sense for the Knights of Ren to retreat from whatever quest they’ve been on once they hear word of Snoke’s death. Just put a line in the crawl. I could see the title having some with “Restore” or something forward thinking. Not really good at title speculation tbh ha.

&&& this?

:chin:

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I did read an article in passing that said multiple companies have received footage to begin working on a trailer but i cannot imagine getting one before SWC in april, especially with filming still happening.

coleslawed and ship90 like this.
  8. Tim

Glad we get to seamlessly transition from Avengers 4 trailer speculation into Episode IX trailer speculation.

I still think they should withhold any footage & the name until, like, April. Star Wars Celebration, shortly before Avengers 4, almost a year after Solo. Then, drop the teaser, the name, a poster, & whatever else all at once.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

coleslawed likes this.
  10. I wonder if having the first footage as you see Avengers 4 on theaters would be a smart move

11. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Didn't they release a small teaser trailer for TFA around Christmas time before it came out? Like just a few shots and a voice-over type thing

12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The did. They released the first footage on Thanksgiving in 2014.

13. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I could see them releasing something like that again since there's no Star Wars movie this December

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Agreed

Tim likes this.
  15. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

They did, but I think they were also anxious to get something out there because TFA was the first movie in over a decade. I would expect we don't see a trailer until next spring at Celebration.

Tim likes this.
  16. Tim

That was also for the return of the franchise after years away, though. This is coming off 4 films released w/in, what, a 30-month period?

Granted, it's a mainline Star Wars film. Whatever they do, they'll be fine, lol. But, after Solo, with all the other movies Disney has coming out... Just feels smarter to leave people hanging longer, and then take over the pop culture conversation in the spring.

17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I wouldn't expect a trailer anytime soon, but I'd definitely be excited if one dropped around Christmas.

18. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I want the trailer to drop in Jan 1, 2020.

Be like, “you seriously needed this? We already made millions. If you somehow missed that there is a new Star Wars, come on down to your local theater.”

Instead of footage it’s juat a still of the Star Wars logo with the episode title. That’s it.

Why would anyone need more at that point? It’s the 9th episode. Who is going to start there? You’re either in or out.

19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I don't think they'll be releasing any footage until next May. I was just responding to the poster about the teaser for TFA. I don't even expect the title to be revealed until Star Wars day.

20. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

We’ll get the title before anything. TLJ was dropped in January.

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

there's no way we don't get anything until May 4th especially considering Avengers opens May 3rd with guaranteed Thursday May 2nd showings. They are going to want a SW teaser in front of their summer blockbuster. It's a very safe assumption that we get the teaser at SWC in April, but whether or not we get a title reveal before that is anyone's guess, but I'd put money on beforehand.

22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I forgot about them putting the trailer in front of Avengers 4, which will likely be released in April. I'd put money on late-April for a release of the teaser then.

23. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Yeah no way this trailer isn’t with Avengers. That would be such a waste of an opportunity

24. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

and I like the idea of Rey’s vision being clairvoyance

Dodger likes this.
  25. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Frosty is usually right, that said it doesnt sound like its an official report. Sounds like its a strong rumor hes heard. My bet is that the name will be released this month and the teaser will be Celebration.

Also other than rare occurances like TFA, I dont really get why movies release trailers a year in advance. For 90% of movies, its out of the social consciousness in like a month anyway. Release a teaser 6-7 months out. then release the first trailer 2 months out and make your big marketing push up until the release.