Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 33

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I don't mind that. Keep me craving for footage.

2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Filming is supposed to wrap in February, so I bet we'll still get a teaser for Star Wars Celebration. At the very least, I'm sure we'll get one of those behind the scenes reels.

ship90 likes this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Some new rumors about Kylo and droids out there. A little spoilery so I'll leave it at that.

4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I love reading Star Wars spoilers.

5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I came across the Kylo one. It's relatively minor, but I do wish I hadn't seen it.

6. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I may just renounce society and live in the woods for a year so there’s no chance of me getting spoiled for this movie.

7. Dodger

Thanks for the warning though, Henry.

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah i think the same rollout as TLJ will apply, SWC19 teaser release which will be ahead of Avengers all summer the usual ticket on-sale in october with new trailer and media frenzy a month or two beforehand.

aoftbsten and ship90 like this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I’d be fine not getting the title release until SWC as well, adds to the anticipation of the footage.

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I read the Kylo one, I guess it's a spoiler? hard to imagine that make's any significant difference to any plot line. I've also never read a "spoiler" or "leaked plot point" for any of these movies that ended up coming true anyway lol

justin. and ship90 like this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I mean the whole Knights of Ren arc sounded INCREDIBLE on paper and nothing.

12. dlemert

Trusted

That may be the only thing I would be legitimately frustrated about if we never get any more backstory on the Knights of Ren. You can't have something sound that badass and never follow up on it.

13. ship90

Trusted

The Kylo/droid info is stated to be from a conference about packaging and marketing so we might end up seeing this stuff in a few months anyway lol but yeah nothing too crazy

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Han’s death scene is the only one I remember and it leaked 10 months in advance. The only difference is that the Starkiller Base set piece was referred to as the “evil castle” which is probably due to whoever leaking the scene not knowing everything about the 3rd act.

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Was it referenced in TLJ at all? I only remember flashbacks involving Luke and Kylo together but none of the other students.

16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Luke says Ben ran off with a handful of his students. It's assumed that those students are the Knights of Ren.

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Still sorta interested in how maz came to own lukes/anakins saber but i have also resolved that we wont ever find out considering its destroyed now

18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'm thinking there is a power struggle storyline with Kylo & Hux and the Knights of Ren will come up in some capacity there. I really like Maz in TFA, but I don't really care about how she got Luke's saber. I could see Maz coming back into play if Rey goes to her for answers about the force.

coleslawed likes this.
  19. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

That was out 10 months early? Holy fuck.

I mean, we all expected it, but that’s the kind of thing I’d rather experience for the first time in a theater. That was such a moment for me in my first viewing.

20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Yep. The spoiler stated that Han confronts Kylo by himself and is killed while Chewy, Rey, and Finn watch from afar and then the three escape the “evil castle”.

It was pretty spot on and was probably some key grip guy or something that couldn’t wait to let people know.

21. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

And I was mad people posted that photo of Luke.

That’s nothing compared to that.

justin. likes this.
  22. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Maybe Rians trilogy fooledf the Knights of Ren

23. dlemert

Trusted

It's not referenced in TLJ at all, unless you want to assume the students Kylo took with him become the Knights of Ren. Really the only explicit reference (I believe) in the series so far is Max von Sydow's character's brief line about them in TFA. And then we're also to assume the figures standing beside Kylo in Rey's vision are the rest of the Knights.

24. Dodger

And Snoke says "even you, master of the knights of ren." Also in the opening crawl of TLJ it says "Snoke now deploys his merciless legions to seize military control of the galaxy." In my mind the Knights of Ren are probably leading those missions. I think with JJ back theres a at least a moderate chance they come back

coleslawed likes this.
  25. dlemert

Trusted

Good call, yeah snoke mentions them too in TJL

coleslawed likes this.