Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Trek TV Show • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 28, 2016.

1. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Excellent question. Their relationship is really interesting. It’s more like friends with benefits, but they are as close as brother and sister. You’ll see it better throughout the show.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  2. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay, great. I appreciate that because their relationship always seemed nebulous but intense. But then the very next episode Tori’s mother is onboard during her “sexual mid-life awakening” and the way Riker and Deanna talk about it, it’s like they’re officially together. Looking forward to more.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  3. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Awesome. Give us updates lol.

4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I’ll give updates as great moments come. Obviously the episode where Picard debates Data’s rights as an android and comparing it to slavery was amazing.

And then a recent episode where Picard and Wesley are headed in the little ship so he can have open heart surgery.

P Stew is simply the best.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Worf rules.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  6. NitrateDawn

Regular

TNG is just a warm, cozy blanket in the form of a show.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I haven't been watching this, but the RLM teardowns of the show have me feeling like it might not be for me .

8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

RLM are awful, no offense of course haha

9. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Their cynicism is everything that’s wrong with film “criticism” on the internet. Fucking nerds nitpicking nothing.

11. Vase Full Of Rocks Mar 7, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 7, 2020)
    Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I've never seen TNG before and I'm watching it from the beginning now. I've heard the writing is great, so I assume it gets better because the first season has some awful lines and complete lapses in judgement.

Edit: To be fair, I'm aware that a lot of first seasons take a while to get their footing and such. I like the characters and want to see it through so I can watch Picard

12. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Most fans agree that the show makes a big jump in quality at season three.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  13. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Thank God. I'm excited. I like most of the characters and the concepts like Q and such, but there are situations where the characters make wild decisions and leave a giant gap in the explanation as to why as if the audience is supposed to know something about their character or something that just hasn't been explored yet. It's very strange. Also, Jean-Luc is a massive prick.

Can't wait for the beard to appear for Riker.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

xapplexpiex likes this.
  15. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I'm only 12 episodes in. Sorry that he's a dick for this many episodes, but it's not my fault.

16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

He’s not a dick though. He doesn’t like children, which in it of itself isn’t “dick” material, and otherwise he’s completely honorable.

What makes him a dick to you?

17. Vase Full Of Rocks Mar 7, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 7, 2020)
    Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

He's beyond stubborn. He doesn't listen to anybody unless he's forced to basically. He's cold. There are moments where he has this great sense of elitism or arrogance out of nowhere.

Like I said before, it's the first season, I get it. It makes sense that it's hard to pin down characters and try to express all you want to say. A lot of characters like Riker come off as creepy in some episodes, which I think is probably just bad directing. I'm still enjoying it a lot and can see the foundation of something great.

Edit: I think elitism was the wrong word to choose, but for some reason I'm having trouble finding the right one. I left it in because I can't find a suitable replacement at this time. I will say Patrick Stewart is a great actor, especially considering some of the stuff they put him through haha.

18. NitrateDawn

Regular

I mean I wouldn’t call him a dick, but Picard certainly isn’t this perfect guy that the new show seems to think he is

19. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Picard seems to be turning around near the end of the season. Maybe it was just because of the wariness he had with his new crew, etc in the beginning, but they could have just explained that haha. He's actually smiling now. Drastic change.

20. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I'm almost done with Season Two. This show is getting real good now. Data still has the best lines. "I busted him up."

Wharf Rat and xapplexpiex like this.
  21. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

So I'm only a little under halfway through Season 3 and my God, this show is so so so terrible at romantic relationships so far.

22. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Ryker gets all the ladies like it’s nothin

23. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Made it a point to only ever watch Picard with my Mom, who got me into Trek. Sooooo that show's gonna have to wait.

24. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Oh man, the episode where Tasha comes back in the time rift of TNG Season 3. That hit my feels.

cshadows2887 and Wharf Rat like this.
  25. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I’ve caught up with Picard and damn it gets good after a while. I wish they’d make something like this but for DS9.

Also DS9 has literally kept me sane lately.