Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Trek TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

2. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I finished TNG and am more than half way through DS9.
    Weird question: Is The Animated Series considered canon?

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

4. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Really looking forward to the next season - if you take everyone at their word, they acknowledged some of the issues with the Klingon War story arc and the overall bleakness of that season.

I'm sure it will still be closer to the JJ-verse style - but is that really a bad thing?

5. clucky

Trusted Supporter

6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’m so excited idk how to contain it

7. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’m going to meet Nichelle Nichols at Michigan Comic Con next weekend and I can’t wait. I’ve been reading up on her life and there’s so much I didn’t know. She played with Duke Ellington. And MLK was a big fan of the show. She was about to turn in her resignation papers to pursue a career in Broadway, but he convinced her to stay because she was an inspiration to girls and black children.

8. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’m watching DS9 and Iggy Pop has a guest role as a Vorta omg

9. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Not the biggest Star Trek fan, but I recently watched Discovery and really enjoyed it. There are some uneven episodes but I'm pretty excited for the next one.

The tone didn't bother me at all, but it's definitely because I have nothing to compare it with (apart from the movie ones).

10. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Captain Janeway.

11. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

12. Kingjohn_654

13. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’m almost done with DS9. The. I’m moving into the animated series, then Voyage. From what I’ve seen, she seems like a cool character.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  14. Kingjohn_654

I grew up watching Voyager with my dad, I watched some recently. I think it's aged well and it's cool to see how many strong female characters there are. Also there's tons of episodes with the Borg who are awesome.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

xapplexpiex likes this.
  16. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

17. EarlyMorningRiser

Keep on the sunny side.

I got Star Trek II on VHS today for a quarter. Never seen it, can’t beat the price!

18. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Watch it ASAP. It works great as a stand-alone movie. Part one was garbage and has nothing to do with Wrath of Khan.

EarlyMorningRiser likes this.
  19. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

We got a new kitten yesterday and we named her Jadzia, Zia for short, after the DS9 character.

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Nick likes this.
  21. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

22. tucah

not champ Prestigious

i thought the first season of discovery was kind of rocky (as per usual for first star trek seasons) but i really liked the premiere. burnham is still the least interesting character on her own show but it was a well paced, gorgeous hour and i loved anson mount's pike. a little weary of the spock/burnham plot but optimistic for the rest of the season, this was a very good start. veryyyy curious about what they have planned for phillipa and section 31, especially since i assume we'll get the seeds for the spinoff this year.

23. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Wow, DS9 was astonishing.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Discovery picked up for third season.

25. [​IMG]