Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Trek TV Show • Page 19

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Fucking Lore has me so stoked. Admittedly my favorite Star Trek villain. He's so deliciously evil.

Halitosis Jones likes this.
  2. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I'm taking this as a yes for live action Janeway in the future. Wish someone would ask him about bringing back Sisko though.

3. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

sooooo...Next Next Generation?

4. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I was fully prepared to be disappointed after how mostly terrible season 2 was, but this actually has me really excited. Amanda Plummer looks like she's going to play a great Trek villain. Also pacifist Worf!

PolarBlare likes this.
  5. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

All three trailers from tonight look great. The past few years have been great for Trek fans.

6. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

That looks absolutely awesome

7. Halitosis Jones Oct 10, 2022
    (Last edited: Oct 10, 2022)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

This DS9 episode of Lower Decks is getting me a little emotional NGL.

Kira still having Sisko's baseball got me

8. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Agreed. Those pretty ass ship shots were the only good thing about Generations.

9. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

Did the TNG/TOS movies get taken off streaming? I actually tried to watch First Contact the other day and it wasn’t on Paramount+ as far as I could tell

10. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Ton of the movies moved to Amazon Prime a couple of months ago. Something to do with previous agreements that were made.

PolarBlare likes this.
  11. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

Ahh good to know. Thanks!

12. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

The blu-ray combo pack of all the films was the best purchase I’ve ever made.

13. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I haven't watched Prodigy beyond just the first few episodes, but i guess in the premiere Chakotay shows up.

14. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

How one of the greatest television series of the past few decades is still considered "underrated" is beyond me

Wharf Rat likes this.
  15. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Next Gen or TOS are what people think of when they hear Star Trek.

16. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

I’m actually watching DS9 right now (skipping around really) but I had kind of forgotten just how good it is

17. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I need to finish Picard season 2. Only watched first episode I think. Really enjoyed first season.

Also want to give the new show Strange New Worlds a shot.

18. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Season two was just ok. SNW is amazing.

19. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Yeah, I keep hearing season was just okay or terrible haha. But I love the characters so I'll give it ago.

SNW is what I really need to get on, heard nothing but great things.

PolarBlare and xapplexpiex like this.
  20. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

As a huge William Riker/Jonathan Frakes stan this has got me excited

Wharf Rat and PolarBlare like this.
  21. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I stopped watching Prodigy after the hiatus. I liked it though, I just forgot it returned. How has it been? I forgot a lot that happened and might rewatch the first few episodes.

22. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Lower Decks is sooooo much better than Prodigy for me, just watching it recently

23. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Jonathan Frakes gets Star Trek in a way few others do. The episodes he's directed across all the shows consistently demonstrate that imo

24. clucky

Trusted Supporter

So I picked up paramount+ like... four months ago now? maybe five? Mostly to catch on on star trek. I had watched Picard S1 but none of the rest of the new trek. Plan was to try and watch through it all in a couple of months and then move on.

Lower Decks I breezed through. Big fan. But discovery has been a bit of a slog to say the least. Never got super interested in the overall stories for S1 or S2 so I'd just go a few weeks without watching anything and take forever to actually get through it all

But now that I finally finished S2 I started watching Strange New Worlds and its such a breath of fresh air compared to Discovery. Feels much more like actual star trek (though wish they didn't have the whole pike worried about the future subplot. Just give me people in space stuck in interesting circumstances or dealing with interesting moral dilemma or stuck solving interesting problems and then next week its more of the same)

Do later seasons of Discovery get better? Or should I just ditch it if I didn't really like S1 and S2?

Wharf Rat likes this.
  25. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Discovery definitely gets.. even wilder? One of my favorite shows of all time