Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stand Atlantic - Pink Elephant (August 7, 2020) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by The Black Parade, Jun 24, 2020.

1. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

The whole album

But probably if I had to pick 5:

Like That
    Hate Me
    Drink To Drown
    Jurassic Park
    S&S

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

The bridge to final chorus of Wavelength is by far the best part of this whole record....just an absolute ripper of a composition

the slow part, the vocal effects over the straight 4/4 drums. into the halftime final chorus is just whoooooo

3. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Drink to drown hits the feels when the chorus kicks in

4. peripheralvision

i always skip drink to drown cause i’m hardly ever in the mood for that song but i love everything else

SamLevi11 likes this.
  5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

For me it's Blurry, DWYW, Jurassic Park, Drink to Drown, Shh!

6. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

I’m a sucker for ballads, so Drink to Drown is up there. Blurry and Eviligo as well. Although the big toe lyric makes me cringe every single time.

The Black Parade likes this.
  7. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Going back to the last record and revisiting it, Roses is an absolutely incredible song. What an amazing closer.

Burn in the Afterthought another standout.

8. latortuga

Regular

I am just so completely and utterly obsessed with this album, I can't stop listening to it. I am humming Jurassic Park all day. I can't get it out of my head. Help!

9. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Still spinning this constantly

10. tomtom94

Trusted

One criticism I have of Pink Elephant is that neither the opener nor the closer really "feel" like an opener or a closer, whereas they really did on Skinny Dipping.

11. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Honestly, the fact that they began and ended the album with the huge fan-favorite songs was a power move.

This album is a perfect 10/10 for me, and reminds me of the days when I discovered pop-punk and every band could make me feel like this.

My Top 5 Songs are:
    1. Like That
    2. Hate Me (Sometimea)
    3. Wavelength
    4. Slik & Satin
    5. DWYW

BornToRun and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  12. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

My only criticism is the chorus of “Soap” where she repeats the same line over and over. It’s so grating to me and kills an otherwise awesome song.

13. I feel like this record brings back a lot of what drew me in to this genre. The melodies are just SO tight, whereas I feel like a lot of recent releases from bands in this genre that I like (Hot Mulligan comes to mind) are lacking in recent material.

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yooo god bless the Youtube algorithm for bringing me to this band. I guess I've watched so many The Dangerous Summer music videos that they flooded my main page with other Hopeless bands.
    Stand Atlantic is all I've been listening to this past week. This album is so friggin' solid! Not a dud on here, every song feels like it could be a single.

maryp1603 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  15. tomtom94

Trusted

I really like this album, Soap, DWYW and Like That were well worth waiting for and Hate Me (Sometimes) still slaps despite coming out months ago

The only song I don't like is Silk & Satin but it's immediately followed by Soap so I don't really care

latortuga and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  16. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

upload_2020-8-18_9-33-54.jpeg

17. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

18. Hopefully the record gets even bigger! Bummer they can't tour on it.

latortuga likes this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

K0ta, latortuga, Ben and 3 others like this.
  20. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Best LAV since Alex Lahey covered MCR.

21. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I haven't stopped listening to that Juice WRLD cover since yesterday god DAMN it's so good

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

23. BenSmith94

Trusted

My mate has been on the Yours Truly bandwagon, hoping for good things from them.

24. Cause it's so much better?

25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think this album has multiple songs with better melodies, vocals and just songwriting in general than either of those two or anything on that album.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Jason Tate like this.