Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

St. Vincent Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by MrRobot, Apr 12, 2016.

1. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

Annie is my favorite artist. There was a decent amount of discussion on AP so I figured there should be a thread here.

I guess I'll do my album ranking to get a discussion going. (Just solo stuff/not counting EPs and Love This Giant)

Strange Mercy > Actor > S/T > Marry Me

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

she's a legend

3. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I can think of very few people in music who excite me more than she does at this point. By far one of the most interesting guitarists, songwriter, and general musician of our time.

4. MrRobot

Also she's writing/directing a horror film, which is going to probably be insane and I can't wait for.

5. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I'd like to start listening to St. Vincent. Where would you recommend I start?

6. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

I've seen her somewhat compared to Meg Myers some places but have yet to really look into her music lol. It's probably something I would like though.

7. MrRobot

I tend to always tell people to just go chronologically because every album is quite different from the last, but Strange Mercy is usually considered her best album. In my experience, Surgeon is usually the specific song that hooks people on her music.

With that being said, S/T is her most popular album, but I consider it to be the weirdest/least accessible.

8. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Probably one of my favorite people making music with guitars right now. Actor is one of my favorite albums ever. New record by the end of the year maybe??

9. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Might as well just go in order. There's not really a weak album or anything so there's nothing to skip over or anything like that

10. calamara

I know i'm late to the party but omg, the self titled album is amazing!

11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Jammed Regret the other day, and didn't have a single..............................................................................regret.

Ok sorry guys bye.

inwaves likes this.
  12. Threads

Regular Prestigious

Champagne Year is one of the most emotionally affecting songs in my music library. I like most of her other songs but that one is def my favorite.

13. MrRobot

Champagne Year, and Severed Crossed Fingers are my two favorite songs of hers. Both, coincidentally, being about the fear of failing in the music business.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Actor is my favorite album ever, but the self-titled has snuck up there too. Love them all. The David Byrne album wasn't great though.

15. MrRobot

New album imminent.

coleslawed and Owlex like this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yesss

17. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Oh mannn

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

oncenowagain likes this.
  20. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Releasing a signature guitar collection.

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I miss Annie. She should be popping up back into relevance real soon.

22. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

I got an alert from the St. Vincent thread and decided to pop in and see what's up.

23. mad

I was right. Prestigious

New music is definitely due soon

24. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

The thread bump earlier got me all excited I thought there was news haha

25. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

You and me both. *sighhhhhh*