Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

St. Vincent - MASSEDUCTION (October 13, 2017) Album • Page 17

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 21, 2017.

1. zmtr

Trusted

This has no business being as good as it is considering it's a rework album.. but wow

2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I agree, it's tremendous.

3. tucah

not champ Prestigious

this is gorgeous. everything translates perfectly to the new version and it’s filled with little unexpected touches that make so many of these tracks different than i’d expect piano versions to be. wonderful companion piece to the original.

Mary V and ChaseTx like this.
  4. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I never thought much about the lines at the outro of Los Ageless were the way she says them in the new version are so sad :’(((

5. radiodead

Trusted

It’s really good. Doesn’t hold a candle to the original but there are some really nice versions here. “Young Lover” is amazing on the original and it’s stunning here.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I wonder why she completely changed the order of the songs, it's fucking with my mind, especially because it's kinda in reverse but not exactly

she sounds great but I guess it wasn't like the original felt overproduced so I guess I didn't feel a need for stripped back versions as good as they are, not saying this is unnecessary but you know I wasn't clamoring for it like with some songs

Sugarboy, Fear The Future, Young Lover, and Hang On Me sounded the best to me

but like Los Ageless and Pills are perfect either way you know

Nick likes this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Pills and Masseduction don't really work for me, but I still love the whole thing.

8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I loved the piano version. Happy Birthday, Johnny I was really curious how would translate. It works.

9. piano version of this really showcases her fantastic lyricism and amazing vocals

10. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Pills on piano is real interesting

11. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

This is a perfect album to be re-imagined like this. Replacing the pop glitz with more intimate instrumentation really brings everything else to the surface, serving to give the listener both an enjoyable listen and a deeper appreciation of the original's nuanced depth.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Announced a show in Brooklyn but tickets start at $100. Ugh.

14. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’ve given her albums a try before and she’s never really clicked for me. I gave this a listen and wow, it’s really hitting me.
    I’m listening to the original now, Masseduction, and idk how I wasn’t obsessed with this before.
    I prefer the reworked version, but both are great.

Henry and Mary V like this.
  15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Track listing is fucking me up. New York is still excellent.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Got tickets for her Brooklyn show :heart:

I was always so bummed that I never got a chance to see her and now I'm going for the third time this year. Every time has been a completely different experience.

Mary V and ChaseTx like this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I was thinking of going again, but might sit that one out.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Show was incredible tonight

Cameron likes this.
  20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

they shouldn't be allowed to live in New York give me their apartment

oncenowagain likes this.
  23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Do you want mine, cuz...

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

no just there's it should be illegal to live in New York and not know Lou Reed

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

so i get a pass

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.