Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

St. Vincent - Daddy's Home (May 14, 2021) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Feb 24, 2021.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yeah this is nothing compared to the self titled or love this giant eras

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Having a different gimmick every album is fantastic. I never get bored.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Gotta admit, not really into Melting of the Sun either

4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Winona Ryder

5. phaynes12

nah, i posted who it was

Drew Beringer likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]

For record store day with Dave Grohl

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Piggy's been released before, a NIN cover, but Sad But True is new

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

It's a Metallica cover

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

she's taken it too far this album cycle

stars143 and spookymulder like this.
  10. so what the fuck is happening here?

11. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Very very strange

Carrow likes this.
  12. will be interesting to see if Annie has anything to say about this now the cat's out of the bag but despite some tense exchanges and Emma just generally not coddling the artist she interviewed there is just nothing here that warrants the piece being killed

13. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

For sure. It reads a bit tense at times but it never comes across hostile or impolite. Ironically, it seems like the only real damage that could come of it is the fact the she and her team tried so hard to erase it.

Carrow likes this.
  14. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Oh god is she going full Chance The Rapper?

15. it's definitely a bad look for her and her team, three weeks before her new record comes out, to demand a piece be killed

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  17. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

I’m reading a lot of word salad from Annie and maybe a certain type of pushiness from the interviewer that I’m unsure of the ethics of, I guess. I didn’t think anything Annie said that was bad, if anything i feel for her that it sounds like focusing so much on her father in the PR for this record seems to be less of a decision of hers and more of the team around her. But getting an a interview squashed is suspicious.

18. Importer/Exporter

Feel like she was also trying really hard to complain about cancel culture without saying the words cancel culture, that’s the part that i find maybe a tad troubling.

Carrow likes this.
  19. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

yeah there are awkward points but nothing in that interview comes off as notably bad in any way

20. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Is it possible that potentially awkward interviews get pulled by artist management more often than we realize so Annie didn't think it would be a big deal for her to demand it herself as the artist/subject of the piece? I know that seems contradicted by what Emma says in the introduction but it's not as if I have any first-hand knowledge of that so idrk

Importer/Exporter likes this.
  21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Honestly this whole album cycle has left a bad taste in my mouth, hearing her demean journalist who are effectively promoting her is reaalllyyy fucked.

Drew Beringer and Carrow like this.
  22. Importer/Exporter

I did not like Emma comparing famous people to a dog lol

23. the pr / angle of this record is already overshadowing the record which is actually a pretty good record! But that’s gonna be completely lost - the actual music is probably not gonna even matter anymore

24. phaynes12

pretty weird interview from both ends of it but the way it seems she treats journalists is pretty fucked

ImAMetaphor and Carrow like this.
  25. Marx&Recreation Apr 26, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 26, 2021)
    Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Annie was already known to be relatively exclusive and private so I’m sure this is all just correctly confirming that to be the right move, both professionally and personally. Whichever PR person thought of pushing the dad angle has likely already been fired lol