Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify App • Page 9

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Supernova, May 6, 2016.

1. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

If Fallen came out today idk if I would dig it other than Amy’s vocals. However, if Open Door came out today I think i’d still be on board. I think that one holds up.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  2. Yeah, listened a Limp Bizkit song once as a joke a few years ago and it appeared on my time capsule haha

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

It was always just the vocals for me, like my favorite thing she did might be the Seether song, which is also the only Seether song I know haha

coleslawed likes this.
  4. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

I swear Spotify sounds crappier on Apple devices only. Not only is the volume lower on my iPhone and iPad - it sounds tinny when compared to Apple Music. However, when I jump over to my Windows work laptop and Xbox One S, the sound quality is the same when switching between Apple Music and Spotify (on the laptop) and sounds great on the Xbox.

So strange.

5. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

It is noticbly quieter in Apple Devices.

I mostly use Apple Music on my Apple TV, iPad, Mac and iPhone set up at home - however, I use Windows 10 at work and occasionally my PS4, which I use Spotify on.

PS4 + Sony Sound Bar - Spotify sounds on par with AM. Spotify via Airplay on the Apple TV + Sony Sound Bar - quieter and it also has a horrible delay in skipping track, pause etc.

No idea what the cause is. Seems like a bizarre thing for Spotify to do from a development side and seems very petty if it’s something Apple does to competition.

Ideally my job would let me install iTunes on my computer and Apple would up its discovery and playlist game - that way I could stick to one service.

6. Fucking Spotify. At least once a year the iPhone app deletes all my saved music and I have to redownload it all. So frustrating.

7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

That's weird. Never happened to me and I've used it for years.

8. Callum Macleod

Hasn't happened to me personally, but I've seen a lot of friends mention it as well as folk online. Real pain in the ass for limited data plans or areas with poor network coverage.

9. I don't get it. It's almost like the app resets itself. It's really annoying because it takes forever to download the music again.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

A few weeks ago it logged me out and when I logged back in everything was undownloaded except I didn't notice until I was like huh why is my data usage so high. Annoying but I have unlimited data so it could be worse I guess. It's never done that to me before now.

11. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

This happens to me every few months and it drives me insane.

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So I didn’t know there was a cap to how many albums you can have saved. Is this true? Or is it only on devices? Like my desktop would be able to download any amount. Cuz on my iPhone I was under the assumption it’s all cloud saved so why should I have a limit?

13. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve read there is a cap on the amount of songs an account can save. It’s not a device storage space issue.

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ah ok. I just assumed it was infinite cuz none of them are downloaded to my iPhone.

15. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Increase maximum songs allowed in "Your Music" - Page 50 - The Spotify Community

Updated on 2017-09-06

Hey folks, we're back to give this idea a bit of an update.

As we've previously said, less than 1% of users are reaching this Your Music limit. The current limit ensures a great experience for 99% of users instead of an "OK" experience for 100%.

We've kept a close eye on your feedback though and we agree if a solution for this could be met it would be beneficial for everyone. While this isn't in our current timeline we're changing this to "Good Idea" and we'll update you if we have any info. Thanks!

Jdaniels likes this.
  16. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Is spotify down for anyone else atm? I can't search anything but can access music in my library weirdly (on my iphone)

17. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Anyone else finding that the webplayer is a complete mess at the minute? I find that if I click on a track, it will play a track 2 or 3 songs later. Sometimes they won't start. It seems a total mess. Now I remember why I had the application installed...

18. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Worked for me all last night.

19. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Their year-end recaps are up at 2017wrapped.com

Turkeylegz likes this.
  20. Callum Macleod

Probably not fully accurate as my music listening was split pretty equally between Apple Music & Spotify this year. I did listen to the new New Found Glory a lot though.

SpotifyWrapped.png

21. Turkeylegz

Trusted

The playlist is pretty spot-on but I hope they still do an infograph kind of thing like they did in the past. They seem to do less and less every year.

edit: I lied. I found it.

22. Turkeylegz

Trusted

spotify.png

callumnmacleod likes this.
  23. Callum Macleod

Is there an infogrph? I never saw one myself.

24. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Not really. I initially only found the 2 playlists but then found the "My 2017 Wrapped" stuff. It still does feel less than usual but I am greedy when it comes to music data!

25. ramres

Next Show: Arlo Parks --4/2

Love these.

spotify-2017-wrapped-2.png

spotify-2017-wrapped.png