Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify App • Page 8

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Supernova, May 6, 2016.

1. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I just found out that Spotify has had podcasts. Didn't know that was a thing! @Jason Tate Do you plan on putting Encore on there? No worries if not, just curious.

2. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

First major gripe since switching to Apple Music: how do they not have collaborative playlists!?! My wife and I are trying to put together a playlist for a family party and I shared the playlist with her, but there is no way for her to add to it. With Spotify we simply had to select Make Collaborative and we were good to go.

Guess I'll have to wait for iOS 12 or 13 for Apple to revolutionize music sharing.

Jdaniels likes this.
  3. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I have five followers on one my random playlists. Didn't you used to be able to see who followed your playlists? I checked on mobile and desktop and it doesn't show, weird feature to remove. At least show people who follow me or whatever.

Jdaniels likes this.
  4. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

6. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Same here. They say that it was an effort to improve quality - but for me it wasn't just a difference in volume - there was a noticeable difference in quality when playing Paramore - After Laughter and switching between the services. Spotify sounded tinny and kind of lifeless. This was on Extreme quality too.

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeah...I initially thought it was my connection/bluetooth connection, but when I tried the Apple Music three month trial I noticed it was just Spotify haha. It was insane how much better Apple Music was sound wise.

8. What the fuck?!? All of my saved and downloaded music is no longer downloaded. This really pisses me off. It's happened once before too.

Anyone else have saving and downloading issues?

9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

That suckkksss. That's never happened to me in the 3 years I've had it.

10. I wonder if should delete and reinstall. I've had a bunch of funky issues with it lately.

Jdaniels and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  11. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Prolly not a bad idea!

12. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Has anyone else here noticed that shuffling a playlist isn't an actual random shuffle? I feel like on a 70hr+ playlist it should not be playing 6 songs by the same artist within a 20 song span

Jdaniels likes this.
  13. Jdaniels

Regular

Yeah my road trip this summer seemed smart to have 48hrs of music to shuffle through until I realized it was just going through 20 or so songs.

14. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

A couple years ago, they put out a blog post explaining why their shuffle works differently - the short version is that they determined through user testing (? it's not really clarified) that actual randomness seems less random to the average human, who instead expects that artists are played in an order that has them evenly distributed through the playlist. The example they give is that if you have 4 songs by an artist, those 4 songs should be evenly spread out over the playlist at 1/4 intervals.

that being said, personally i've found it to really suck, and at least most of reddit seems to agree. I'd hope they've made some updates to their shuffle algorithm since then, but the blog post was still a fun (though nerdy) read!

15. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I’m liking the new ‘Time Capsule’ playlist.

Always going to be torn between the far better personalisation of Spotify and the far superior library management of Apple Music.

Owlex and electro haikus like this.
  16. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I hadn't heard about this! Cool stuff. I'm all about the personalization personally, gets me out of my rather monotonous listening habits

callumnmacleod likes this.
  17. seedmont

The time capsule playlist is pretty cool, it's pretty accurate. Would like to see how they did it.

18. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Is there really no way to get rid of the annoying "shuffle play" button on android? Who the fuck wants to listen to albums in shuffle mode? Desktop app gets it right and just has a play button...

19. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

You can get rid of shuffle play if you pay for premium.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  20. clucky

Trusted Supporter

i did sign up for premium. the shuffle play button is still there. I can turn off shuffle or tap on first song to start playing the album from there... but it still just gives me a shuffle play button instead of a play button.

21. Jdaniels

Regular

I have premium and use android, I can play albums front to back, have you clean installed?

22. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I see what you're talking about. Just tap the first song like you said though

23. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

One thing that does mess me up about the Time Capsule is that Spotify knows that teenage me fucked with some Evanescence songs because I have been carefully keeping that a secret my whole life lmao

24. Supernova Oct 17, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 17, 2017)
    Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Don't be a ashamed. Embrace your Evanescence inner love. Shout it from the rooftops!

coleslawed and The Lucky Moose like this.
  25. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Amy Lee's voice is haunting idgaf how bad the songs are lmao

coleslawed likes this.