Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify App • Page 7

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Supernova, May 6, 2016.

1. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Yeah that's a workaround, but if you're only using the web player it still won't.

jorbjorb likes this.
  2. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I've still got Spotify, but I find myself using Apple Music much more lately. Reason being is that Apple music, once I save a song/album to my library, it will then show up all the album art and meta data in my car correctly on the screen. Spotify show the first song I play correctly, then stops showing album/artist/song but keeps the artwork up. All this on platforms, only through hardwired to the car USB. Bluetooth just shows some generic image.

ALSO, the quality has me hooked on Apple Music. I echo @ZooZooChaCha with the same findings. I never though Spotify sounded bad and it doesn't, but once i tried Apple Music i could tell those differences. Volume differences are there as well as it sounds a bit crisper and the bass has a tad more kick to it(as it should I guess).

3. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Yeah it's one of those things you can't unheard - especially on newer, bass heavy stuff. Paramore - Hard Times sounds like an entirely different album on Apple Music - yes it's more bass but everything sounds much crisper on Apple Music.

4. Jdaniels

Regular

Using apple devices yes?

5. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Yes - but my wife uses Apple Music on her Google Pixel with identical results when comparing the two

Jdaniels likes this.
  6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I feel like at this point I'm in too deep.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  7. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

8. manoverboard365

Trusted

Anyone try out Amazon's new streaming service? I've been using Spotify for years but I've been considering making the switch....its only $7.99 a month for prime members which is a plus, also Jay-Zs new album is on there and not spotify and I just wanna listen to it lol

9. It's horrific. Don't do it.

Jdaniels likes this.
  10. manoverboard365

Trusted

Haha that's all I needed to hear. Sticking with Spotify.

11. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I mostly stick with Spotify because my cable company pays for my subscription. I'd probably switch to Apple or Tidal otherwise.

Jdaniels likes this.
  12. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I saw some woman at work listening to the new Jay-Z on Spotify yesterday.

13. The Lucky Moose

It's definitely not on there

14. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Weird. Maybe Tidals web player looks similar to Spotify.

15. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Can confirm it was Tidal.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  16. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

You may already know this, but just in case, I wanted to bring it to attention. But if you're a Premium member then there is a setting in Spotify to enable "High quality streaming". I personally have not used Apple Music so I can't say if there's a difference or not, but again, just thought it was worth mentioning.

Supernova likes this.
  17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Wow I never knew about this. Why do you even have to set it to "high quality," it should be like that automatically.
    Excited to see if I notice a difference now.

18. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

You have the option to have different quality for streaming and downloads which is quite nice. When I'm on data I tend to lower the quality a little.

19. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I've had it on "extreme quality" for some time now so this is what I've tested on. It does indeed sound better than "standard", but none as good as Apple Music as stated previously.

crunchprank and ZooZooChaCha like this.
  20. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

This makes me want to give Apple Music a shot.

21. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I was so ready to love apple music but it just would not work on my phone at all. Constant crashing and bugging. Which is funny cause I hear ppl say that about spotify and spotify crashes for me like once every few months and I find it annoying so I switched to apple, which crashed about 3x a day. Will def take spotify crashing once in a while vs apple nearly being unusable. I do have a different phone now so it might be better now but I'm fine with spotify. Idk anyone else who had as many problems with apple music so that would happen to me lol

Cameron likes this.
  22. Cmoney86

Trusted

Jay-z 4:44 is on apple muisc

truelovewaits likes this.
  23. Cmoney86

Trusted

I've have both Spotify and Apple Music and have had zero problems

24. The Lucky Moose

I've been going back to a lot of older rap albums and a lot of them only have the clean versions on Spotify. Why?!

25. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

So glad I held out and didn't download Tidal