Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify App • Page 5

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Supernova, May 6, 2016.

1. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

God dammit, I shouldn't have said anything yesterday. Opened my browser this morning and I was hit with the update.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Hadn't realized that the stuff with the player crashing was bugs in the system. I'd assumed it was my work's internet being trash.

3. redwing91007

SIGH, the update isn't scrobbling. This is terrible.

4. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Yo where are my scribbles.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Man, with this new update, I can't see the play count for artists. I loved that!

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I just put up some music as an "artist" and was kinda pissed when I saw this, haha.

Jdaniels likes this.
  7. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Woah, the spotify web app just reverted for me back to the old UI.

8. redwing91007

Gotta check if mine did that too, I've been using the desktop app since the update.

9. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

My spotify desktop app just updated some of its UI to the new look from the web player.

spoti1.png

spoti2.png

10. redwing91007

Looks like mine did too, YAY

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This new 'daily mixes' feature is awesome.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  12. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Spotify Signs Long-Term Deal With Universal to Give Artists 'Flexible' Releases, Opens Door on Windowing

Ek said the flexible release policy for UMG begins immediately, so upcoming albums from the label's artists could feasibly be affected. UMG artists will be able to choose to keep their albums on premium for two weeks only, before they are released wide, giving paid subscribers a complete picture of the work. Any singles will continue to be available across all tiers, he noted.

I have Spotify premium and even I'm like :cringe:

13. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Does the top white-to-black gradient bother you as much as it bothers me? Aesthetically it made the sections look too choppy while when it was the same color it looked more fluid.

14. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Is the idea that this will help to convert free users to premium instead or something? Because it seems to me like if they're a freemium user than they'll probably just say fuck you spotify and torrent the record instead.

15. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

Yeah kind of. Wish they'd throw in some color reflecting the album art/artist photo though instead of that white/grey, like they do on the mobile app.

16. hammy

Does anyone know what happened to the lyrics button at the bottom of the desktop app...? I think it disappeared a couple of updates ago, but I actually really liked that feature!

17. redwing91007

They had sent out a communication about it. It was the end of a partnership with Musixmatch.

Lyrics Are Gone From Spotify (For Now)

Jdaniels likes this.
  18. hammy

redwing91007 likes this.
  19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So I'm thinking seriously about going premium, and using this more.

Though as I was looking at all my artists I didn't see a way to shuffle play all of them. Is this a premium feature? I would love to just shuffle all on a long car ride

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

How do I go premium? I thought if I skip enough times on my phone it would give me the option. Went to my account tab too, and I don't see where I can. Apparently these guys don't want my money

Edit: wait really? I can only do it on their website? Why on earth wouldn't they give me an option on my phone

21. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Spotify has this exclusive Chris Lighty audio documentary and it's not available world wide. Only Spotify fucks up like this I swear. My cable company pays for it so I won't switch to Apple Music or Tidal but damn it they annoy me sometimes.

22. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

You can't buy Audible books on your phone either. My guess is Apple wants a cut and they don't want to give it to them.

23. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Yeah, I shuffle my playlists daily

24. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

man spotify has been annoying lately. i'll be listening through an album, and every so often it will jump back a few songs in the album, and sometimes it even goes to a song on a completely different album. no idea what's going on

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  25. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Anyone know if there's a way to connect Last.fm scrobbling to the web player?