Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify App • Page 30

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Supernova, May 6, 2016.

1. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I'm mad because I was using the Hey Spotify feature in my car on my drive to work, and they took it away.

And Hey Google is dumb and stupid.

2. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

So, I dunno if anyone knows anything about this, but I'm trying to get Spotify to send a pop up notification on my phone when a new song plays.

So far, it will send a pop up when I play the first song, but none afterward unless I close and reopen Spotify.

Can't figure it out.

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So this is really weird and it might correct itself but all my recent searches have been wiped and replaced with last months searched artists. It’s frustrating because this is how I keep track of artists/albums I’m going to check out

4. PauLo

43% Burnt

Yeah, same thing happened to me this morning too. Really annoying.

Cameron likes this.
  5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Glad I’m not just crazy. Really lame

6. Woof, this iOS update is rough. I’ve never really found much to complain about regarding their UI but if it stays this way for too long I might have to finally start looking into some decent playlist porting software and switch over to Apple

7. Penlab Feb 18, 2023
    (Last edited: Feb 18, 2023)
    Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I'm trying on my Android to get Spotify to notify me when a track changes.

Best I can do is a single notification when I start one track and then never again.

How do?

Edit: I didn't realize I asked this same question like five months ago.

And in all that time, no one has come to my rescue. Rude.

8. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Is there a way to add my entire iTunes library (probably 80,000 Songs) to my spotify library? And doing it without downloading software to kind of do it "off the grid." I don't want to mess my iTunes library up with some software. I'd say 80% of my iTunes library is from physical cds I ripped onto it 20 years ago. Or atleast adding a few playlists. There's stuff I have on iTunes that isn't available on Spotify.
    Would I only be able to listen to it if I'm on the same wifi network?

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Local files - Spotify

follow that guide, set the folder to whatever has all your iTunes music. It will at least let you download all your music onto the app, but if you want it split by artist - album, I think you would have to make individual playlists which would take forever.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  10. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I defend Spotify a lot and tend to use it more than I use Apple Music but this TikTok home feed they’ve been testing and now officially announcing at their Stream On event is not my thing at all. So far no improvements to library etc. for those that don’t need an AI to tell them what to listen to.

Zilla, bradpetrik and Onlyadirector like this.
  11. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

It's also a shitty way to force ads on people who pay for premium (which is likely to get a price increase this year). If I open Spotify and get some weird TikTok esque video ad for Taylor Swift or some weird industry plant indie pop band called something like "littlecrush." I'm cancelling my membership lmao

coleslawed, Zilla and bradpetrik like this.
  12. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

And not even the lowest hanging fruit - lossless audio.

13. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

It sucks that payola doesn't apply to the streaming services because so much of what they do is effectively it.

Onlyadirector likes this.
  14. This is bad. How about making playlists able to be longer than 10,000 songs, or making the library better/main focus of the app, or hi-fi, or literally any of the other long-requested features?

bradpetrik likes this.
  15. I wish this Discovery Mode for Artists was available to me. Sounds like an interesting thing to experiment with.

16. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I wish they'd expand the library functionality even just a little bit. All I've wanted for ages is a 'sort by release date' option when browsing albums

17. Callum Macleod

Yeah I’d not mind what they do to “home” if they’d give us some better library management tools. Some of the higher tiers the put surveys out for sounded interesting.. not £10 a month more interesting though. Probably why we haven’t seen them.

They were testing built in stats, although I wonder if they’ll roll it out fully as it may take away from their end of year wrapped.

However as long as they have the liked songs playlist and connect, they have my money. No idea why Apple doesn’t have either of these things (I know there’s a smart playlist but then you have to add to library) I’m also a big fan of collaborative playlists with my wife!

Also probably controversial but I like Spotify for Podcasts.

18. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Connect is likely patented so anything Apple would do is easily opening them up to another lawsuit.

19. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Isn’t it a fairly large cut in your payout to possibly see a return? That’s quite a gamble.

20. I mean, I make most money off merch sales anyway so I’d rather get a big wave of eyes and ears on my bands music instead of the pennies I’d get from Spotify’s streams.

coleslawed and bradpetrik like this.
  21. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Contender and bradsonemanband like this.
  22. I don’t like how Spotify took away the heart button and how you have to add a song to the “liked songs” playlist specifically now rather than just clicking the heart and it automatically goes there.

And I don’t like how you can’t see what songs you have “hearted” when you pull up an album now.

23. Callum Macleod

Tapping the tick still hearts a song without having it add if to the playlist but that only works on the now playing screen. Apparently visibility of songs you’ve liked will come back to albums and playlists (Who knows when with their usual timelines). Very odd changes, the only good addition is being able to add to multiple playlists at once.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  24. Agreed. Being able to add to multiple playlists at a time is really cool.

25. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Can anyone provide a screenshot of the new add to playlist UI? Not seeing it on my account yet.