Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify App • Page 28

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Supernova, May 6, 2016.

1. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I can safely say that many an iPhone customer is also experiencing the same problem.

2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It’s working on my iPhone

3. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

4. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I just wanted everyone to know my Spotify app finally has lyrics available. I just noticed it now. Everyone can go back to their homes.

5. KeynDooee

Living Legend

No AirPlay 2, Hi-Fi or Neil Young is really ticking me off.

6. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Despite claiming otherwise, I bet they aren’t even trying with AirPlay 2 due to Connect.

Hi-Fi doesn’t bother me as I don’t have the equipment but it is silly that they haven’t just bit the bullet and added it for free, as I think they’ll have to given the rest of the streaming market has (that have it)

If Joe Rogan was still on all services, I wonder if NY would have pulled his music from everywhere, I doubt it though.

I wish Apple Music would just fix a bunch of stuff and add a lot of missing features, so I could just use that. Alas, Spotify still does many things better.

7. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

After all my fuss about lyrics, I've decided the service is atrocious and I've gone back to using AZLyrics.

8. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

personally I'm super fucking bummed about Neil being off the platform. Fuck rogan and all this bs. I'd switch to another platform but I'm so engrained into the ecosystem after like 10 years on it and I still have that Spotify/Hulu $10/month deal and don't wanna lose that.

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Does anyone else get annoyed with how repetitive and hits-oriented Spotify is? I like to listen to things on random (either artists or radio playlists) during my work day and it's always the same shit, over and over again and it always leans toward artists' hits or most popular songs. Like, throw in some deep cuts, reorganize your playlists every day and stop playing the same shit over and over and over again.

CAC3 likes this.
  10. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

That's because Spotify doesn't actually care about music.

11. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

finally cancelled my subscription. gonna try tidal now. fuck spotify.

12. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Tidal is great. I just wish you'd could import playlists from one service to another. I can't build them all again.

buttsfamtbh and JulieLynn like this.
  13. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

We should all collectively move to Napster

14. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

I really hope they don't have more artists drop off because I've spent 12 years making playlists and organizing my music on Spotify. I don't want to have to start over on Apple music...ugh...

Cameron likes this.
  15. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

16. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

i built a 3+ hour KISS playlist on spotify and I am dreading making it again on Tidal, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do for rock n roll

17. J12

Trusted Supporter

I moved to Apple Music a couple days ago and find it to be an all around better experience, with the sole exception of trying to utilize the service on a PC. I have a Windows desktop for work, and I listen to music and podcasts throughout the day on it, and the old, outdated Windows iTunes app is atrocious. But, I'll deal.

18. CAC3

Dog

was there something you did to get the lyrics to show up? I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, but they just are never there. Thanks!

19. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Unfortunately, all I did in the end was wait patiently.

20. ngl the lyrics have a way worse error rate than I ever would have expected

21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Switched to Spotify after using Apple Music for a couple years. It's alright, but I'm not a fan of how they sort your artists and albums in the same viewing.

Penlab likes this.
  22. clucky

Trusted Supporter

there are tools out there that do it for you. when I signed up for Tidal they linked me one. There are a few limits on the free features where you like, can't import more than 1000 songs at once. But unless you're playlists are massive that shouldn't be too much of a concern and if they are I guess maybe split them up?

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  23. The Lucky Moose

Hmm I do have massive playlists but that might still work. I’m also worried about Tidal not having as many country-specific playlists though. They’re basically irrelevant in Europe.

24. clucky

Trusted Supporter

do you mean playlists Tidal/Spotify curates? yeah I think those might be a bit more limited. appears they have some but I don't use that on spotify either so i can't really judge how different it is.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  25. The Lucky Moose

Yeah them and like publications over here