Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify App • Page 27

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Supernova, May 6, 2016.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

The Release Radar playlist is really the only use for following artists, that I can think of. The Discover Weekly playlist is the main list I use to discover new music

2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Anyone having problems right now? I’ve closed out the app 3 times none of my artists pages are loading

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Is there no way to shuffle between songs on different albums in your downloaded library?

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I know you can shuffle between 'liked songs' but for whatever reason, songs that I have downloaded (and have the heart checked next to them) don't show up in 'liked songs' So what's the difference?

5. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

That is strange, all songs that have a highlighted heart beside them, should appear in "Liked Songs". Tried restarting the app or unliking and liking a song again to see if that works at all?

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I’ve had Spotify for three years and I’ve only downloaded albums. Years ago, I think anything you downloaded automatically appeared in Liked Songs, but now there’s apparently a difference? When I download an album, the heart at the top of all the songs is green, but the individual songs themselves I don’t think appear green (heart-wise). But if I I click the heart at the top to make it in-green, the entire album is removed from library.

I don’t know, maybe I’m stupid (and/or kind of tipsy)?

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Or do I have to go into every song individually of every album I’ve downloaded and like the song? That seems wildly inefficient.

8. Callum Macleod

Ah, I see what you mean now. Yeah they changed the behaviour a while ago. So “hearting” an album doesn’t add the songs to “Liked Songs”. You need to heart specific songs for that.

I personally prefer it as it means I can have my saved albums separate to my liked songs. I treat “Liked Songs” as like the real highlights from bands/albums. Especially now that you can filter the library to albums and then to downloaded, so I have easy access to my favourite albums downloaded.

Took a minute to get used to initially though as it had been one way for a long time! My wife finds my logic weird though so I may be the odd one out here :crylaugh:

Hope that makes sense though!

daniel001 likes this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I like to listen to everything on shuffle, which is why I asked. Ideally, I'd be able to play all my albums on shuffle, but that's not an option. Only liked songs is, and I'm not going through a 100+ albums to like all the songs individually.

I got a new vehicle over the weekend, and it no longer reads my old, old iPhone (via Bluetooth or via USB cable) and only reads my current phone. I used to leave my old phone in my car because it had like 500+ albums on it in my music library (and not Spotify) so I basically kept it around as an iPod. So when I wanted to listen to things on random, I'd switch to my old phone. Now I can't do that anymore.

First World Problems.

10. Callum Macleod Sep 8, 2021
    (Last edited: Sep 8, 2021)
    Callum Macleod

I wonder who decided it was a great idea when shuffling to re-add played songs to your playlist queue, when you pause for even a second. Thought it was a glitch so I’ve tested it a lot and it’s just how their shuffle works. Paused music for less than a minute to answer a call and all 11 played songs have been re-added at later points in the queue, before plenty of songs that I hadn’t got to yet :-/

If anybody also finds this annoying, I've raised changing it as an idea. Not that I have high hopes of them doing anything about it:

[iOS][Other] Shuffle are-Adding Songs to playlist ... - The Spotify Community

Orla likes this.
  11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Liking the new bell icon feature, to see all the latest newly released tracks/albums of artists and bands I follow in chronological order

Callum Macleod likes this.
  12. PauLo

43% Burnt

They had that for about 2 or 3 weeks a couple of months back and then it disappeared. Guess it was just a beta or something at the time, but it obviously got some good feedback considering it's back.

13. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Still don’t get why you can’t send friends within Spotify tracks you want them to listen to. They had this feature way back in like 2012, but then took it away

Orla and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  14. manoverboard365

Trusted

Anyone else noticing stream counts not updating? It's been like 6 days since the play counts on songs have updated. Platform wide issue, or just something wrong on my end?

15. Traumacaspian

Hold Fast Hope

Spotify is one of those apps I will use and pay for my whole life without question even if they up the price I will still pay it, I love it

16. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I wonder if lossless is still coming out before the end of the year.

17. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I’ve recently setup a Raspberry Pi running Volumio up to my stereo system and noticed that the new ETID is streaming at 44.1 khz 16 bit. This is CD quality/lossless right?

Attached Files:

coleslawed likes this.
  18. HoesOnMe

Spotify is my gold digger, using for more than a year. My favourite genre is grime (got my own playlist, I share it if you dont mind -
    ). Also I think about creating nu-metal playlist, used to listen this genre during middle-high school.

19. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  20. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

This seems like exactly the place to put this, so I'm gonna vent a little.

Spotify introduced the ability to view lyrics last month. I have found that it works for me on the desktop app and in the web browser, but not on Android.

I've done like three clean installs and nothing's changed. If I create a new account on my phone, then the new account can view lyrics, but clearly that's not actually a solution.

I've scoured the internet and found lots of people with the same issue, but no confirmation from Spotify that they're doing anything to investigate or resolve the issue. It's immensely frustrating.

And that's it. Not expecting anyone to know a solution or anything, just wanted to post this somewhere.

21. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I would guess that they're rolling it out over time and that it gets added to your account on mobile at some point

22. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

This was something speculated, although to me it kind of makes absolutely no sense.

I mean, why would it work for everything but mobile, and yet creating a brand new mobile account works just fine?

Or I guess the real question is why would my account on mobile be treated differently than the same account on my desktop? Is it not the same exact account?

Just seems really perplexing.

23. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I didn't have an IG update on my account on one phone but did on the other, it's weird sometimes

24. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I was thinking about this and it's not that I'm not familiar with staggered rollouts. I worked for a cable company for quite some time and guide updates for set top boxes worked that way. It just feels odd that something supposedly tied to my account wouldn't just roll out all at once.

I also am just annoyed because my mobile app is the one I use the most, so it's like, if you had to stagger it for whatever reason, couldn't they have done the most useful one first? he says as he goes into shaking fist at sky mode.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  25. PauLo

43% Burnt

It works fine on the Spotify app on iPhones. I know Apple updates were prioritised in the past, but would have thought it was a thing of the past.

The Lucky Moose likes this.