Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify App • Page 26

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Supernova, May 6, 2016.

1. stars143

Trusted

They probably just don't give a shit about maintaining a separate mobile and desktop app, so they're making them more alike.

2. PauLo

43% Burnt

I barely ever look at the desktop app, even if i'm using it. I just control everything through my phone.

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I only use the desktop version while at work, whereas anytime else I'm using my phone as well

stars143 likes this.
  4. PauLo

43% Burnt

Can you not control the desktop version through your phone? Or are you using it through a browser?

5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I can, but I can keep my hands on my computer mouse/keyboard while working, using the desktop version, without having to move my hand to my phone to control the music. My work days are pretty busy, so it's a time saver to not always have to grab my phone to adjust songs I want to listen to

6. PauLo

43% Burnt

Ah yeah, fair enough, if I could do that at work i'd be the same. I'm so used to working from home and my internet at work is so limited, i'd never be able to get onto Spotify in the first place!

7. stars143

Trusted

Checking the phone usually brings up other notifications that are a distraction at work. I'm good keeping my phone across the room during work.

8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu

upload_2021-4-1_23-5-45.png

9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Prices are increasing in the U.K. by £2 a month. Hope he actually is buying my football club if that is the case lol.

JM95 likes this.
  10. fixius

Regular Supporter

My biggest hang up with Spotify over Apple Music is that new songs are released as singles and not as album tracks like they are on Apple Music. As somebody who is very OCD over their digital music collection, for whatever reason it really bothers me.

Is there a reason they do it that way?

11. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I’m a fan of both services but ultimately settled on Spotify. I would imagine it’s just because they are so playlist focussed that they don’t do the whole album thing and just have them as separate singles. It used to annoy me but I got used to it after a while. I do miss having a proper organised collection though. I feel like between both services you could made an incredible Music App. There’s the odd thing from AM I wish Spotify had (Lyrics, proper library, decent uploading of own music content). Then things I wish AM had from Spotify though (Connect, searching within a playlist, optional sort orders on mobile, better discovery algorithms, scrobbling, better playlists in general, crossfade)

12. Callum Macleod

stars143 likes this.
  13. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Anyone have luck with downloading to an Apple Watch? I updated the app but it still isn’t showing as an option for me

14. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I personally just want the interface on the watch face to work properly ngl

15. you vandal

Regular

Nothing for me. Did it ever show up for you?

16. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Just checked again and I still don’t see the option. The app is up to date too, so not sure what the deal is

17. Callum Macleod

Still don’t have it either, although I also had to wait 4 weeks for the new Library filtering and the play history icon. I did get the new releases feed pretty quickly though and they didn’t even announce it. Spotify’s A/B testing seems all over the place and it’s roll outs are so long.

18. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

19. allmedscare Pharmacy

Pharmacy for Everyone

Spotify released a new 8.6.40 iOS update on July 1 that wouldn’t hurt to make sure you’re running, but this is likely a server-side rollout. However, some users have said force closing Spotify and reopening it has revealed Apple Watch offline playback.

20. Callum Macleod

Finally got the Apple Watch option but it’s apparently limited to 96kbs and downloads are limited to a max of 50 songs per playlist. Not quite enough to make me ditch Apple Music for running.

As a side note, I also loathe that when shuffling a playlist if you pause and resume, it re-adds played songs into the mix. So stupid. Thought it was a bit but I’ve tested it a lot.

The lack of play next/play last drives me nuts as well.

Yet it owns so many podcasts I listen to and it’s so much better in many other ways, so it’s still my primary service.

21. Callum Macleod

mercury likes this.
  22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

The "Release Radar" playlist put out every Friday already does this; this new thing seems to just be a real-time way to check on new songs that have been released. But since most artists/bands put out their new stuff on Fridays anyways, not sure how much use I'll get out of it. But we'll see

coleslawed likes this.
  23. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I always thought that the whole point of following artists on Spotify was to get notifications when music is released, but I've just never gotten notifications for some reason which is kinda lame. Not like it matters really, I dont depended on this app for new release announcements since its never functioned. The only music discovery I do directly in Spotify is search through the "fans also like" sections on artist pages, which is actually a great tool imo.

stars143 likes this.
  24. Callum Macleod

Yeah I use RR or at least check it every Friday. This shows full albums though, which I like a lot. Sometimes I forget if it’s just a single or an album when using RR.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I always have to click on the name in the Album column, to check and make sure if it's just a single that was released, or a full album. One quick way to obviously tell without clicking is if the song name differs from the name that shows up in the Album column. But when you got 200 new songs on your Release Radar every week, it's kinda cumbersome, lol. Hopefully this new thing improves the process a bit