Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify App • Page 25

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Supernova, May 6, 2016.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Spotify finally added a Top Albums chart. Wow.

Cameron likes this.
  2. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Spotify seems to be adding an actual local file support again. Awesome

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Anyone else having issues this morning? Assuming it’s because they’re adding stuff like the post above states

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Nvm working now

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Did something change with the downloads? All my music that I had downloaded over the years is still in my library but instead of the green down arrow to mark that it’s downloaded, they all just have hearts and I have to redownload everything?

6. That's been happening to me every time I update the app. Every downloaded album disappears and I need to go back through and redownload.

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

has there been any explanation for this?

8. None. I've Googled and found a few Spotify forum threads with no fix. Their moderators usually jump in and say something along the lines of updating the app/phone OS and restarting your phone. No person ever says that fixes their problem. It's frustrating. Since I work remote now I always forget to update my offline downloads before a run, so I've been listening to the same 100 songs or so every run!

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Wonder if it has to do with how old my phone is? I still have an iPhone 8 Plus. I can't think of anything else. The weird thing is, everything still shows up in my library, it's just undownloaded.

10. Yeah, same. I don't think it's a phone issue—I have an XR. I think it's an app issue. The "big business" in me wants to say they do it on purpose, so you get annoyed enough to just use cellular data all the time to listen to music when not on wifi. Also, I've always wondered how downloaded song plays count towards the play count—if they ping Spotify once you're back on wifi. I just gave up on keeping my downloads updated.

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Spotify deleting all my downloads every couple weeks and seemingly losing more and more albums has me wondering what I'm even paying for

12. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I’ve seen quite a few people post about this online. I’ve not experienced it myself at all, thankfully. Are you on iOS?

They haven’t updated the App in over a month, so hopefully they do soon and fix the issue.

13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

yeah I'm on iOS. This has been an ongoing issue for years (I've only noticed it in the past year) that spotify doesn't seem to care about fixing

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yep, my entire library is undownloaded again.

Sweet.

15. Cmoney86

Trusted

Spotify as a widget now on iOS. It Just popped up when I opened the app

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Have either of you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app when this happens? That is what Spotify told me to do (I haven't tried it yet). They didn't say it would for sure fix the issue, it's probably just their standard answer when something isn't working correctly.

j0hnnyrt likes this.
  17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

nope, I turned off auto updates to see if that fixes it. If it happens again, I'll try that

18. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Spotify is so broken on my phone now. Half the time I have to close and reopen the app for it to register me clicking on a song.

Cameron likes this.
  19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The work around for that I’ve found is to like or unlike an artist then it will play. I’ve also encountered that

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  20. I've never tried that, but it's worth a shot. I have a feeling it wouldn't fix the issue though.

21. Bluedm

*Shows off Google Knowledge Panel*

You'd be surprised how many times that does actually work :P

j0hnnyrt likes this.
  22. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

When is live lyrics dropping?

23. stars143

Trusted

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I for sure don't like the big re-design of the desktop version of Spotify; seems like a lot bigger text all around

stars143 likes this.
  25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

FUUUUUCCKKKK, I hate this design, ugh.

Like why is this text sooooo big now? What need was there to increase it?

upload_2021-3-30_12-42-43.png